2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Jetta TDI Wagon
By MJB on 08/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GL TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

Awesome gas mileage and good performance from this TDI with a five speed trans.

VW Jetta TDI Wagon Review
By Rob Gunnemann on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

I love the gas mileage on the TDI. It gets 35 mpg city & 45 mpg highway. My wife loves the heated seats. We got the cold weather package which is just great.

perfect commuter car
By Jay Elle on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GL TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

After waiting for almost 4 months it finally arrived last December. 13000 m on the o. now. Getting 53-56 miles per gallon.

Best car I have ever owned!!!
By kharley on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

I love this car. I get excelent gas mileage average around 45 miles to the gallon. The only thing is that an oil change cost 60 dollars because you use more oil along with a different kind of oil in the disel version. I would not trade my car for anything it is fun to drive very cute and money efficent. I highly recommed it to anyone who is on the road often. I put 6500 miles on it in 3 months and got it straight off of the truck. Its great!!!!

Don't buy it!
By duckrun101 on 08/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

I regret buying my my 2002 1.8T Jetta. Within 3 months the engine went down, not once but twice. They claimed to have fixed the problem at the first time, but a week after, the engine went down again. It was the coils that they said caused the problem but they didn’t replace all of them the first time even though they knew they were not right for the car. Another problem - Just a few days ago, my A/C was broken. Since all the dealerships are so busying fixing other more serious problems like engine and falling-apart windows, they won't have time for my A/C problem until after this summer is over.

Another Good One
By RBouchardJr on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

Gas mileage is excellent (47mpg/hwy) and the acceleration is great. Cruise control is reliable. Monsoon stereo is very good. Handling on the corners is very secure and reassuring. It is very quiet for a diesel. Passing acceleration is very good.

Born to commute
By J Ozero on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GL TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I drive my TDI around 250km a day and have had not a single problem in my first 55000km. Also took a long road trip down the westcoast camping and was pleasantly surprised that the car held all our camping gear and then some. Have and will continue to recommend this car to everyone!!

TDI Rocks
By Clay Brechter on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I work at Bob Lewis VW. In March I bought a Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed. I love it. It gets about 47.88 miles per gallon and I drive about 80 miles per hour. The torque is 155 meaning I usually don't even have to down shift when going up hills. The car is a diesel so I won't have to get it smogged every 2 years and I smile everytime I pass a gas station. I am getting about 600 miles per tank. If you would like to contact me you can e- mail me at ClayAtBobLewisVW@aol.com.

WoW
By Kacie on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GL TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I love it! It makes my day.

Best Car Ever!
By DallasandTony on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GL TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

The car averages me 48 mpg and I have an automatic. I get 500+ miles on a take of gas. The car has more get up and go then I thought it would, and can pass without any probs. Makes me upset that all roads arnt winding roads. The vehicle also makes you feel safe with all the airbags it has. I have never liked a car this much. I recommend to anyone.