2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Luv My TDI!!!!!
By fresadulce on 10/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GL TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

This car has far exceeded my expectations....Downgrading from an 01 Jetta glx V6, I was expecting to be a bit disappointed. Not So! Although I do miss my heated leather bun warmers!

TDI all the way
By Matthew L. on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

My TDI is great because I drive 30,000 miles a year! It did have a transmission defect at 3,000 miles which promted VW to replaced the entire transmission. VW made the best of a bad situation but the dealership was horrible, never goto Congressional! The best thing about the TDI diesel is I use a type of diesel fuel called Bio- Diesel. It's diesel fuel made from vegetable oil, the kind I use is soy based. It's not very well know that this exists because of limited availability but I can switch back to dyno-diesel (regular diesel) if Bio- Diesel is not available. The TDI will run on Bio-Disel with no modifications to the car.

my thoughts
By ragtimeAlex on 09/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GL TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

Smooth alternative fuel vehicle.

Awsome new engine
By skiman29456 on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

Well folks I just got a 2004 Jetta and man its great. Aside from the new trunk lid design and chrome outside and around the guages, it run wonderfully. The HP is up by 10 but the torque is up i think about 30ft lbs. The only thin i'm not really jazzed on is the sound system. Its not bad...but, MTX makes a subwoofer that fits on the right hand corner of the trunk and its really brings the bass nnotes to life. Jazz has never sounded so good. If you haven't driven one yet you owe yourself a favor to go drive the new 2004 model. Bill P.S. Don't forget the subwoofer install

Jetta TDI
By NJV on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GL TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

The TDI Jetta I purchased is real tight and trouble free in the early going. Fuel mileage on my first highway trip was 52 MPG.

Perfect car
By miko_miko_miko on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

Everything in and outside of this car is exceptional! I would tell anyone to buy this car.

My perfect car!
By starlightmiracle on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GL TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

I have owned Jetta's for the past 5 years and just bought a new 2003 TDI Jetta. I absolutly love it! Im still on my first tank of gas and have already gone 445 miles, and still going! Not bad for an 11-12 gallon tank with 45 MPG (Automatic).

Disappointed 2nd time buyer
By S. Parker on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

Warning to all - do not park under any tree. Had to replace windshild at one week old after a hickor nut hit on the exposed edge of the glass. The edge is the most fragile part and VW needs to cover this edge. Hearing vibration noises from the dash at only two months. Very disappointed in this car. Thought I would be getting the same quality as the 88 Jetta I had bought new back then, but it is not there. The car looks good but the quality isn't backing up the looks. Need more leg room in front and back.

Same again
By maca on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GL TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

Nice car. Good head and leg room. Quiet. Don't even ask me to put a muffler on steroids on it.

Jetta TDI Wagon
By MJB on 08/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GL TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

Awesome gas mileage and good performance from this TDI with a five speed trans.