2003 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Don't buy a Jetta
By Gordon Williams on 09/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLX VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

I've had the car for 2 years and have 70,000 mile, 3000 mile oil changes with synthetic etc., the car has been maintained meticulously and it's continues to be in and out of the shop for days at a time. The fit and finish is terrible, wind noise (migrating weather striping), window falling down in the doors, tail lights blowing, sunroof breaking, and now the transmission appears to be on it's way out. Keep away!

awesome
By kerryhale on 08/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GL 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought this car for my wife...I want it back for myself. And i HATE cars..I drive a big pickup truck. Fit and finish are first in this car's class by a wide margin. Acceleration with the turbo engine is exhilarating (or at least exhilarating for a car under 23,000, that is). Everything about this car is nearly perfect. I am completely satisfied, more so than with any car we have ever owned. I would STRONGLY recommend this car to anyone, even someone who can afford 35,000- 40,000. You won't find more car for your money.

Awesome buy
By C.O. on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had it for over a week now and I am very impressed. I went for the basic GL 5-speed, but you get so much with it. Power windows, power locks, security system, etc. I also got the Monsoon sound system that was already installed. Comparible cars couldn't compete. I had a Jeep Cherokee and swore I would never buy anything but an SUV again, that is until my wife talked me into to test driving the Jetta. I was hooked and I love it. It rides so smooth, so be careful. You can be doing 80 to 85 and not even realize it!

excellent
By vw lover on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

with over 40 standard feathures the car sells its self...its well built...strong..fun..and sturdy...and turns very well

There is no alternative
By Moo on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GL 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Amazing what 4 cyl, turbo, and German engineers can do. As former engineer, am picky. Found attention to detail superior to any other. Every inch has purpose. For 03 they smartly combined savings of GL int. with performance of 1.8T. Engine has economy of 4 cyl. but pep of turbo. Was willing to give up leather/sunroof for 1.8T. With stick, it flies. Amazingly, the "base" interior LOADED. ANY other brand in base interior would leave you with deficit in comfort or performance - requiring extra $ in aftermarket improvements.

There is no alternative
By moo on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GL 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

jetta
By melo on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Its a beautiful car but it looks a lot better then it drives. It has a lot of electrical problems that are annoying and expensive to fix

Amazed at Jetta TDI power & speed
By plaaaaane on 08/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GL TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

Had it for a week now. Was worried about the speed/power thing for a small engine. (I had a 4 cyl Ranger that couldnt keep up speed at top of Sunshine Skyway bridge). This TDI accelerates in 5th gear from 80 mph nearing the top of the bridge with no sign of slowing down! The dealer had Hondas so I checked them out- the 51 mpg one. I thought the plastic felt as cheap as my Subaru 76 DL which I loved at the time. The Honda sure wasnt worth a "MARKET ADJUSTMENT" the dealer put on all the Hondas. (What kind of nut would pay a market adjustment?) Anyhow, the Jetta TDI is built solid, runs like a roadster and is comfortable. I love it. Dave

ROCKET SPORT SEDAN
By JASON on 08/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLI VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

IF YOU ARE LOKING FOR A FAST,SPORTS SEDAN YOU SHOULD LOOK HERE.FEATURES TO RIVAL MORE EXPENSIVE VEHICLES.COMPARABLE TO A BMW 3 SERIS,AND LEXUS IS300 AT $10,000.00 LESS.LEATHER INTERIOR,200 HP,6 SPD TRANS,SUNROOF & TRACTION CONTROL OR ABOUT $25,000.BEST QUALITY IN ITS CLASS.

Great Car
By alexr on 08/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The Jetta is the best car in its price range and class. Fit and finish are superb, performance is excellent, its fun to drive and its not too expensive for what you get. I love my Jetta!!!