Used 2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Put a Volkswagen in your garage!
By Cailiin356

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Jetta in May after my old car (a 94 Intrepid) all but exploded. Buying a Volkswagen was the best thing I've ever done. Not only does the car look great, but it drives like I spent $40,000 on it. Nothing else I've ever driven has given me this feeling of safety and confidence. In rain I no longer have to worry whether or not I'm going to fishtail. In nice weather I know I have enough hampsters under the hood to pass whoever I need to get around. My fiance drives a 2003 Passat and neither of us could imagine being happier with our vehicles. Everyone should drive a Jetta!

Favorite Features

Butt Warmers! (heated seats) The look of the dash, the trunk emergency escape, the stero, sunroof, sunvisor over the rearview mirror, I could go on forever...

Suggested Improvements

Honestly there's not much, I wish there was a little more room in the backseat, but I drive with my seat pretty far back so that's half the problem.

VW JETTA! 2002
By Antnie

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Leased the VW Jetta 09/2001.Jetta is a 2002 GLS automatic. Great car! Also had a 1999. They have got to raise THAT FRONT END! Way to low. Had plastic window clips replaced. Windows would fall into sleeve. Really my only problems! Great car. Looking into a 3rd in less then a year. Will trade ths lease. Ya gotta drive one! The faster you go,th better it drves! What handling!

Favorite Features

My dashboard at night. Other drivers at night always look inside my car at a stop light. Comfort is great! Seats (not leather) are fantstic!

Suggested Improvements

Raise the FRONT END! More storage for change,etc. Not enough compartments!

Holy Turbo Batman!
By Jettanewbie

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I just purchased this vehicle, so I can't address the issues of durability. I can tell you that that if you drive this car you will buy it. It took me all of 50ft of a test drive to say "I'll Take it" . I was not expecting so much power from the 1.8 T engine. Man, is this car fun to drive, manual trans is very smooth and easy to master. Many safty features not available on any of the competitors.

Favorite Features

1.8t engine, smooth 5 speed, Monsoon sound, 4 wheel disc ABS, Moon Roof & Rims

Suggested Improvements

Cup Holder!

so far it's run and been fun!
By skeeterdog

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my GLI approximately 3 months now. What a fun car to drive ! I love the 6 speed manual transmission, it has get up and go. The interior is very nice, the stereo system is great, loads of trunk space.

Favorite Features

the sunroof is great, the car looks fun and sporty.

Suggested Improvements

cupholders not in a convenient spot. I bought the optional cupholder that goes in the arm rest, not much improvement.

Most for the money
By Adam M.

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I looked at Accord, Altima, Camry, and others when researching this car and none of them could match the options, quality, performance, or style for the same price. The only drawback is the Jetta is a slightly smaller car than the others. The interior is comfortable and beautiful, the optional leather is very good quality, and I love the cool blue gauges. Don't get the V6 unless you really want it - the 1.8T is nearly as powerful, gets better mileage, and you'll save money. There's plenty of power and torque over the entire rev range, passing and merging are a breeze.

Favorite Features

Great engine, soft leather, 17" wheels

Suggested Improvements

Relocate cupholder, in-dash CD changer