Used 2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Great Car!!
By GoaliesGal

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Great handling, fun car to drive...I've had a Jeep Cherokee, Toyota Corolla, Mitsubishi Mirage, Mitsubishi Galant and they all pale in comparison to my Jetta. The only thing I would change (if I could) would be the mileage. I got better gas mileage with the Toyota Corolla. But the difference in the ride is so great that the extra gas doesn't bother me.

The trunk is HUGE. The seats are very comfortable and can be adjusted 3 ways. Also, driver's side window control locks. Great feature if you have small kids who play with buttons!!

I can't honestly think of a thing to add. I love this car!!

A great ride
By petdr2000

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My Jetta has been an excellent purchase. The only problem is the interior, the plastic is pealing. But it is what is under the hood that I really like. It zooms through the traffic, has great gasoline mileage and still is comfortable enough to pick up mom and dad at the airport. I have been very happy with my cool looking jetta.

The way it drives.

Work on interior; thorougly test new materials !!!!

So far darn good
By Thomas T

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car in July this year and I have nothing but praise for it. It looks cool,handles beautifully,has all those wonderful extras that you don't expect in the so called "entry level" model and then there's the German workmanship that you just cannot fault. A class act as far as I'm concerned.

The non-Monsoon sound system. The a/c, the dashboard lights.

Ask me in a few years.

Door/Window Rattles? Look Here!
By Steigs

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

For those of you with Window/ and Door rattles. The solution is to lubricate the door seals on the car itself.Even if you think this cannot possibly be the source of your rattles try this anyway. The best stuff to use for this is a product called Gumipledge(Sp?) It is sold by BMW dealers for about $8. They have the same issue with there cars. Lube up all the door seals and any rubber on the doors themselves. Be sure to get some on the top rubber door seal that runs along the top of the car. In addition spray white lithium grease in your door locks and hinges I guarantee this will work for many of you and your car will be rattle free. Good Luck!!!

Looks

Bigger back seat.

I once was a Skeptic too
By Bobby1425

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned My Silver Jetta named Brach for a year now and I could not be more happy with this car. It is without a doubt one of the best values on the market, and call me lucky but I am a very aggressive driver and I have not had one problem with Brach besides my wheels having to be balanced and rotated often ( I am really agressive). I sell Nissans, and we have an X5, Maxima, and Intrigue that I drive on the regular, all costing far more than the Jetta and it always feels like it is in the same league as the others. Great car.

I love all of the thoughful touches. The cacoon of airbags, the interior lighting, and that oh so german heavy feel in such a small car. This car does everything with a heavy german accent to it.

Make in only a teensy little bit bigger, so i don't have to buy a Passat (just not the same) when my lease is up, and add an independent rear suspension. Available xenon headlights and navigation would make this car irrisistable. But don't change the character of that car