2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
TDI
By GWJ on 12/12/04 16:22 PM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

Great car that averages close to 50 mpg. Could be easier to work on simply things like headlights.

TDI Jetta Wagon
By Ferreira on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I LOVE my TDI wagon! It is zippy and gets 50 mpg. I have never had a mechanical problem with it. We use biodiesel fuel and reduce our emissions considerably, making it an environmentally sound choice. I feel very safe driving it with the extra airbags and safety features. Would buy it again in an instant and intend to keep it for years to come.

diesel jetta
By larry kean on 09/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GL TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

great gas mileage, handles well, comfortable, dependable, surprising power and acceleration with the 5- speed.

Very Fun and Economic
By Hawkster00 on 08/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

This is a great car!! I love the handeling in curves. I was able to drive from Nashville, TN to Chicago, IL on one tank of gas. If you are a commuter. This is definately your car.

I am very, very impressed.
By klance on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

The Jetta looks great, runs great, feels incredibly solid and is amazingly quiet on the highway due to the low RPM of the diesel. It uses so little fuel, my average being 46-49 mpg, that I often forget when I last filled up. Suspension a bit soft for my liking; added Neuspeed/Bilstein Sport suspension, 205/55HR16 sport tires and rims, and now I'm in absolute driving heaven. Smmmooth transmission! Interior reminiscent of high-end luxury imports, stock stereo kicks butt. Aftermarket performance and body styling options are endless. Before I bought my first Volkswagen, driving was a chore. Now I come up with excuses to drive. Driver Found.

Cool Commuter
By TDIBob on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

My jetta is an ideal commuter! 55 highway miles each way to work and after 18,000 miles I am averaging 49mpg. The ride is comfortable, the seats are great (love the heated seats in winter), performance is impressive, and I fill up once a week. I love how this car drives!

Jetta TDI Wagon
By tdinut on 05/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I love this vehicle.

Jetta TDI
By PJL on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GL TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

Great car if you drive a lot and don't want to pay a lot for fuel. Still performs well and is fun to drive.

Vermont TDI
By Vermont TDI on 03/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

No cold weather start problems, even in a cold climate. Heated seat option is awesome! Well-mannered car, somewhat vague suspension, a "civilized" ride that gives up a little on sporty handling but gains in economy and (so far) reliability. Fuel ratings not quite what was quoted, I average 40mpg, however, I drive the car pretty fast on the interstate, and it's happy at 85- mph! Relatively quiet, solid build, a safe car to be in, excellent corrosion warranty, a good 2 family car with a little junior. Lousy rear seat leg room for adults though.

Best of the Best
By Sniper-x on 02/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

Get one! The TDI gets great fuel mileage (50+ highway) and is really fun to drive. Unlike diesel motors in the past this baby starts up everytime in our Wisconsin winter!