2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Big wheels, lotsa gear and even more fun
By CharlieB on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've had this car for a month and have over 5000 miles on it already. I traded in a 2001 Maxima SE with the 225HP V-6 and don't fell like I gave up much performance. This one is smoother, quieter and more fun then the Max was.

So far, so good!
By vwdoc on 10/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

just got this a week ago, and absolutely loving it. previous owner of a 1992 saab. i just feel gorgeous driving it! my complaints? the cupholder is right above the radio, which freaks me out. there's not enough storage room in the front/sides...frustrating. can't see behind my right shoulder -- big blind spot, headrest for driver is awkward?, car dosn't "roll" automatically on "D" (i think this is a safety feature, but i just need to get used to it), the cloth interior looks like it'll be tough to clean.

Bells and Whistles
By Teri12 on 10/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLX VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

Fun drive, classy interior, best crash ratings possible (very safe), awesome sound system. Very fast car for a 4 door car.

Simply the best
By Boogidy on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Competant, safe, and reliable

GREAT CAR!
By acg on 10/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I love my car. i drive alot for my work and i have had my jetta for over 7 months and i have 42,500 miles on it and i love it. I have not had any problems and its comfortable and fast. I also drove it from philly to california and back and it was great.

A costly piece of junk
By A german quality fan on 10/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Jetta has lot of mechanical problems. We bought ours(brand new) in march 2002.Since then it has been in the dealers workshop 7 times for repairs. The car did really well for the first 2000-2500 miles. After these initial miles it has given us all sort of problems. It started with door rattling, followed by the left view mirror cracking, followed by complete failure of the audio system 2 times in a row(within 10 days) . Yesterday the drivers side window fell into the door and won't go up. Guys, think twice before buying this car.

I LOVE IT
By Stacey13 on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had a Ford Escort with virtually no features, so when looking for a new car, features didn't matter to me. I went out car shopping, not even intending on going to Volkswagen, and test drove a few cars. The dealer is what sold me on the car. I love everything about it! I love having powersteering, didn't have it before...but with getting all the benefits of a loaded car (although it was the base GL model) I didn't lose the benefits of getting excellent gas mileage. I was worried that I would get horrible gas mileage. The car drives smooth, has lots of room.

Smart car for Power lovers!!
By Atee on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Nice car with nice stable handling and smooth ride . The interior well designed and color schemes great! Engine no problems at all ....

Nice change from Japanese
By Goatlocker on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I have had my Jetta for almost a year and have not experienced any problems. I previously owned 94, 98 Camry and a 2000 Honda CRV. I paid about the same for all these vehicles. The difference is the Jetta gives you about 10 times the bells and whistles for the same price. The Jetta handles so much better and has a quality feel. So far no problems. I have the 1.8T and it will go 135 mph before an electronic regulator kicks in at about 5400 rpm. My Japanese cars were dogs compared to this baby. This is definitely a driver's car. I was so happy with the German engineering that I bought the wife a new Beetle that she loves.

Watch out for Certified USED-Jettas
By rtadams1 on 10/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLX VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

My car is the reason why certified used cars should be included in the Lemon Law. But beware... they are NOT! With 3000 left on the certified warranty my car has been in the shop every month since purchase. Included..5 window regulator replacemnts, 2 Mass airflow meters, 3 transmission removals/adjustments, and 25 days in the shop within a year! what a P.O.S...