2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
my jetta
By kegmaster on 11/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Alittle more pricey than the rest but definently an all around better car.

A piece of junk
By JETTA A POS on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Jetta has lot of mechanical problems. We bought ours(brand new) in march 2002.Since then it has been in the dealers workshop 7 times for repairs. The car did really well for the first 2000-2500 miles. After these initial miles it has given us all sort of problems. It started with door rattling, followed by the left view mirror cracking, followed by complete failure of the audio system 2 times in a row(within 10 days) . Yesterday the drivers side window fell into the door and won't go up. Guys, think twice before buying this car. Buy it if you want to spend your week day off at the dealers place. Atleast this is what has been happening to us.

Bigger - pocket rocket!!
By speedricer on 11/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Own a 2003 GLS 1.8T for 3 weeks now. Love the drive. Even more standard features. Just remember it's a compact car, not a luxury car. No complains while I still have the new car warranty.

quick, loaded with features, Fun!
By Jim Driver on 10/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I've driven my Jetta 1000 miles, and I am really having fun with every mile! The manual trans, excellent handling, braking, and turbo have made me feel like I'm in a rally car- with interior comforts and luxury. Performance is VERY good. City fuel mileage is not great at about 25.7 right now.... I rate the build quality so far as excellent, except some stray door rattles, and everything works great. Amazing features, attention to detail- gently dimming lighting, trunk release, and the unique remote key. This is my 9th car, probably the best overall quality. LOVE the interior lighting - I could drive this car all night long!

Fix the Window Problem!
By mariahmilan on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My Jetta's windows have broken twice already. The problem is that the window is heald up by a tiny, plastic device that breaks CONSTANTLY. It's a real hassle to get fixed too! My friend also has a Jetta and all four of her windows have fallen into the door as well. The cupholders are in a rotten spot (the condensation on the cup drips right onto the radio). I think this would have been a great car for me if a bit more $$ was spent by the manufacturer on the parts you don't see!

POWERFUL
By PETER M on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I HAVE PUT 1500 MILES SO FAR THE JETTA IS A EXCELLENT CAR 1.8 TURBO VERY POWERFUL.VERY SMOOTH DRIVE VERY HAPPY WITH JETTA.

I am screwed
By judeboscure96 on 10/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I have a 2002 1.8t. While I have no complaints with the handling of the car I am concerned about its reliability. I have had to have a linkage replaced on the tiptronic transmission. My monsoon stere system kept shutting itself off or wouldn't go on at all. The finish on the drivers door handle has all but peeled off. The cup holder is a mess and whats with no cupholders in the back seat at all? The A/C is anemic. My first VW and my last.

Loving my car!!
By Teresa on 10/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I love my new Jetta. I have the GLS 1.8T with the sport package. I had such a pleasant experience with it, starting with the dealership (Bertolet). They were very friendly and helpful and HONEST!

Hot Rod Wagen
By jettajunkey on 10/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLX VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased a VW Jetta Wagon with the VR6 and Sport suspension. It has seen a lot of miles and we havn't had a single problem. The workmanship is outstanding and the performance is amazing. This little grocery getter won't stop for groceries. It just blows on by. It's a blast to drive and always want's to be driven. The only complaint I have is that it's hard to drive slow. If they can change the location of the cupholder, I could cruise all day. This is really a Passat, except $8,000 dollars cheaper. This is my first VW and I am really looking forward to the V-12 powered Toureg. No more Hondas/Toyotas for me...I'm hooked

Big wheels, lotsa gear and even more fun
By CharlieB on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've had this car for a month and have over 5000 miles on it already. I traded in a 2001 Maxima SE with the 225HP V-6 and don't fell like I gave up much performance. This one is smoother, quieter and more fun then the Max was.