2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
i love this car
By Derek Peters on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car for almost a year and i love it. Its a great fun car and i would buy another one in a heart beat......If anyone is looking to buy one get it. I was worried about performance out of a 2.0 but it has great torque I love it!!!!!!

GREAT CAR
By 2nd VW on 08/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my second VW. I purchased this after reading reviews. The jetta wagon i have removed the cupholders. I am not sure if this is a .5 year model or what. Anyway, great car to drive, decent gas mileage on the highway, but it is fun with the tiptronic. very smotth ride, but still can feel what is going on, and dosen't "float" like other wagons. i wish i would have been able to get the sport package.

Great Car - Only minor complaints
By Pat K. on 07/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

8 months and almost 10,000 miles. Great acceleration and handling. Cargo capacity is phenomenal. Lame cupholders. The leather is stiff and feels "vinylly." Monsoon sound is great, but I have speaker wire rattles in at least two speakers. I also have a rattle in the dash, giving concern for long-term durability. Rear knee room is also underwhelming, but adequate for adults on short trips. The Jetta Wagon GLS, 1.8T 5A delivers what it promises - exciting driving and the ability to carry a suprisingly large amount of cargo. Pat K.

First Review
By gurnlark on 06/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Jetta GLS Wagon is an excellent family economy wagon with great performance for very enjoyable driving. It's low cost compared to the Passat makes it well worth the sligthly less room inside. The only downside is difficulty with freezing-up doors and difficult windshield frost in the extreme cold(minus zero temperatures.

Sporty and reliable wagon, fun to drive
By TMcLean on 06/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Have had 0 (zero) problems with my '03 Jetta 2.0 wagon, my first VW after many Hondas. While I can't knock Hondas, I'm impressed by the Jetta's step up in ride, general refinement and classy manners. The 2.0 won't put you ahead of the pack but there's plenty of oomph for the average driver. Great 5-sp shifter, superb sound from the standard CD/radio/cassette system, great bump- smoothing ride, good looks inside and out, what's not to like? And given the plethora of standard features I rate it high for value. It makes me smile every time I drive it.

FANTASTIC
By Pcarnera on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED!

great car!!!
By renee on 04/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GL 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is awesome. my mom just bought it and it gets great gas mileage.

Great Wgn!
By D.P.B on 04/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is one of the most fun cars to drive, ever. It has tons of cool features, an awesome warrenty, and it just plain looks cool! Great mileage and dependablity.

What a car!!!
By Wood on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

What a pleasure to return to VW. I had a 1995 Jetta and then a Ford and could not wait to return to VW. The new Jetta is fun and has everything you could ask for. The wagon is a nice family car.

Lets call it a piece of Shetta
By E on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Everything is so plastic, including the sales pitch. He tried to sell me on all the wrong Items. The car is all plastic, so its all gonna break. Then the clutch, throttle, A/C and windows will break. Then you realize half of it isnt even covered under warranty. This car is tempermental, and has made me tempermental. DONT BUY THIS CAR. If you do, make sure to get a lot of headache reliever too!