Used 2003 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

This one is a heart breaker...
By jahshwa

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GL 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

What can I say? I've poured money into this little beast, and everything is still breaking. If its not a circuit board, its a vacuum hose or an oxygen sensor... Everything just falls apart on this car, and there seems to be no stopping the decline. I just rebuilt the transmission, replaced two axels, two boots, the A/C circuit board, the windshield washer pump, the windshield... you name it I'm replacing it. It drives great, and I loved it for a while... but this thing is high maintenance & annoying. Not worth the fun drive at all... I've already dumped an extra $6000.00 into this car, and that's what its worth now.... :(

Leather seats, fast acceleration, great steering, nice styling (before everything starts falling off)

FAVORITE CAR
By yellocharis

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in November 2010, it has only been a few months of ownership but I absolutely LOVE this car! No other car of this year can really compare. The mpg is excellent! It is a small car, but that's how I like it. I do not like big cars, I don't have a family so I don't need one. It has great handling. I love every moment I spend in my car! I hardly ever want to get out of it. It is comfortable and sleek! I have had no problems with my car so far, it has been great to me=) A pleasure, not a problem. I would recommend this car to everyone!

Blue and red interior lighting Comfortable seats (love the material) Sleek exterior design Quality interior materials Excellent sound system!

To many defaults! VW is garbage!
By deesingh84

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I foolishly bought this vehicle in 06'. The sporty black on black look sold me instantly. 30 days after purchasing the jetta the water pump, electrical & sunroof messed up! Ive prob invested over $4k since & counting? Vw is very expensive to fix & just for a side mirror to be replaced at vw was $954! My recall for the sunroof wasnt even accepted! This car has been a nightmare! The sunroof leaks, the waterpump went bad, there is no leg room for back seat passangers & for Goodness sake why is the cup holders above the radio? I cant see the station nor put in a cd without removing the drinks & water from my cups leak over the radio & into my cash tray. Finding rims to fit is challanging also

Look, leather, interior, car lights up inside: Blue and red. Sporty.

Cup holder, more legroom! Fix electrical problems, lower rates for labor $60+ an hour and parts!

Beauty is only skin deep...
By Jetta Matic

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GL 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Bought the car used in February 2010. By November of 2010 we had spent $1,800 in repairs on the car. Problems: lunging at startup, rough idle, several heat sensors went bad, light bulbs burning out, fuel pump went out, water pump went out, bad thermostat, poor radio reception, squeaky shocks, horrible waxy/crayon odor inside, AC smelled like vinegar at times, trunk difficult to open, door handles deteriorating.

Peppy, comfortable, fun to drive. Sporty car. Great sounds system.

The only improvement would be to purchase something besides a VW. I will never own another one.

Love at first drive
By vdubluv

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Great car, powerful, turbo kicks in at low speeds to give you much better performance overall. Little to no turbo lag. And still get 25-32mpgs. I have the sport package with the suspension car handles beautifully. Could not have asked for a better deal.

Heated seats, cruse controls, turbo, CD player controls on steering wheel

Add Spoiler. ( will add myself. )