2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon Consumer Reviews 2

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Excellent Safety
By TMack on 06/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After my wife got a new car, a 2001 VW Jetta VR6, I got a little jealous. So when it came my turn to buy a new car I bought a Loaded 2003 VW Jetta GLS 1.8T. Unfortunately I just got into a major car accident on Fathers Day (2004) that ended up totalling my Jetta. And after everything was over, I walked away with very minimal injuries, a little cut on my wrist from the front air bag, and I hit my knee on the dash. All six air bags went off, and this car saved my life. And guess what, I'm going to buy another one! Great gas mileage, and a blast to drive!

Jetta - mixed results
By Goldfarb on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the car in early April 2004, and 3 weeks later it was in the shop for a look at the transmission, which was shifting hard between second and third gear (sometimes it would make a "clunk" sound, and the whole car would shudder). The shop couldn't find anything through their computer diagnostics and sent the car home with me. The problem continued, and the dealer ended up replacing the transmission. A 2003 car with only 4,000 miles. The "new" transmission is a slightly better but still has rather jerky shifting in the lower gears. I am very disappointed with my purchase, particularly since I traded my Honda Civic in for this VW.

Very Happy with This Purchase, So Far
By jsefcik on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this car new in November, 2003. Huge incentive from VW so the car was a steal. I've been thrilled with it so far. The build quality seems far superior to the Mazda, Matrix, Impreza, Focus. No comparison really. My sis-in-law owns an Audi A4 Wagon that is a spitting image -- same exact engine, same interior --except the Audi has trip computer, leather and 4wd. If you think leather, trip computer and 4WD equals $17,000, then go for the Audi. My car was half the price of hers!

Great Car
By tdi er on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

It really drives and handles well. Getting 45 mpg is awesome and going 600+ miles between fill ups is nice. The wagon surprisingly hold a lot of stuff, with the front seats of the car being roomy. 10,000 miles between maintenace is a plus.

2003 JETTA WAGON
By Jim lynch on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the car for over one year now and am generally pleased with the vehicle. I have had a problem with the clutch pedal losing pressure a few times and also the rear seat unlocking when in the folded up position. It is a very solid car with great handling on the road. It could use a little more zip than a 2.0 offers, but for a blend of economy and preformance, it is a great car.

AMAZING!! screw all engines but the 1.8T
By RyanPortland on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've had several Honda civic's and after this last one was stolen (AGAIN!) I decided to check out Volkswagen. I literally drove the car down the street and knew instantly that I would be purchasing it. The 1.8T engine is the funnest I have ever driven. If you don't beleive me just test drive one. This car is beautiful on top of it all. Get the leather and sport suspension with 17" wheels. It makes it an entirely better car.

The best wagon around :)
By 71sbeetle on 11/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We waited a long time before we could afford a new car, but we aways wanted the exact same car : A VW Jetta Wagon ! VW finally sorted out all their problems, and our 2003 is ... PERFECT !!! Lots of miles on it already, and not once in the dealership (except for scheduled maintenance ie oil changes) If you want quality, buy the Jetta WAGON (Made in Germany, sedan is made in Mexico where the quality of the materials is not as good)

best buy
By vwjettacarowner on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The best car. I love driving it.

Jetta 1.8T
By HarryLime on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Have had it for almost a year with over 19k on it with no problems. Great, affordable fun car.

Great Value for $$$
By mio on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Car exceeds expectations. This is my fifth VW, first wagon, and I have never been disappointed with the quality or performance of VW's. Do like the wagon - smaller than an SUV, plenty of back storage area. Rear seat room a little limited, but for my use is fine.