2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
2001 JETTA DIESEL,
By BUCKMASTER on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

EXCELLENT CAR NO PROBLEMS YET ,WE HAVE 67000 KM ON OUR JETTA ,NEW BRAKE PADS FRONT @BACK AT 60000 PLUS REGULAR OIL CHANGES EVERY 16000 ,IT IS A GOOD CAR IN WINTER STARTED ON THE COLDEST DAYS BUT IT SHOULD HAVE A BLOCK HEATER /2003 HAVE THEM . FUEL ECONOMY IS VERY GOOD 40.00 FILL UP 950 KM TOWN 1150 HIGH WAY ,EXCELLENT POWER

Perfection
By Mae on 02/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GL TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

Jetta's are the best! I would never go back to any other make or model!

My TDI Wagon sips gas and zips along
By balttdi on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I have had my car for about three weeks and have been delighted. With the manual, it has plenty of pep and is fun to drive. The mileage is awesome with the diesel, and this makes a big difference with fuel costs being so high now. The handling is great, and the ride is firm without being jarring. After eight years is a cushy and mushy Taurus, this car brings back the fun I had in my very first car, which was a stick shift Accord. The Jetta is also quite solid and can very quietly exceed the speed limit. 80 does not feel much different than 50. For utility, fun, and efficiency it is tough to beat this car.

Got it right!
By mdh on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

VW has gotten it right with this one. I pulled into the fuel station yesterday and filled up. 229 miles city dirving took 5.1 gallons of fuel. Oh, by the way that was my first tank. Can't wait to see what it does when it gets broken in. This car drives like it was made to drive. I have owned several diesels and loved the economy but not the lack of power. This one has both economy and power. Love it.

GERMAN!!
By TAZ on 02/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GL TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

This is a great fuel efficient vehicle.

I love it
By rocketdiesel on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

I picked up my new car on January 3rd. I have 1600 miles on it already. I am getting between 500 and 600 miles out of a tank of fuel, combination city/hwy. This is a great car I plan to keep a long time. And you can even make our own fuel.

Worst Car Ever
By All Max on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

The VW Jetta TDI gets great mileage, but that is where the greatness ends. On the highway the ride is tolerable but around town it sounds and feels like I’m driving a “Big-Rig”.It gets louder the more I drive it. Not only is the motor loud, but when I’m stopped I can feel my entire body vibrate. At speeds from 0-40 there are rattles in the dash and all the windows squeak constantly. The dealer says this is all within the manufacturer’s specifications. Essentially no back seat. Cup holder location is ridiculous. Unless you live for 40-mpg stay away from this poorly engineered, poorly constructed automobile.

volkswagens suck
By Phil Swafford on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

this car has left me on the side of road twice in the last six months. both times the fix cost on average $1800. Highway robbery!!

Great commuter car!
By deesle on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

Love this car so far. Only problem was sunroof switch that had to be replaced. I expect to keep this car for a lot of miles.

WOW...WHAT A GREAT CAR!
By Mike&Lacee on 11/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

The New Jetta is awesome. The gas mileage alone is worth the price...on our very first tank of gas, we are getting 48 mpg!!! It's so unbelievable. We would recommend this car to anyone who is in the market. It's very comfortable and so much fun to drive. We love our new car!! If interested in this car, and you are in the utah area, contact us and we will refer you to the dealership where we bought our car. They were awesome to work with and there wasn't a whole lot of BS! JUST GET THE VOLKSWAGON! It is guaranteed to turn a lot of heads!