2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Time will tell........
By thebondman on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I'm a new owner and looking forward to leaving an update in a few months. I have the leather (very nice) package with the Monsoon Sound, ESP, etc. Excellent acceleration and the handling is crisp.

2 for 1 and a warranty too
By Edina Realty on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

Traded in 1997 Jetta Gls 2.0 with chip and k&n air filter. Better performance and smoother ride. Haven't figured out where to put TV/DVD/and GPS system from old car.Traded two cars for one with 1.9% financing. By the way diesel gas smells if you get some on your hands.

IS THIS FUN OR WHAT?
By tmeier on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GL TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

Had my new TDI for about 3 weeks now & I love it. One of my neighbors told me what a beautiful new car I had, which isn't something often said about VW. It looks and drives like a car twice the price and the gas mileage can't be beat. My only problem with it is keeping it under 80mph it is so effortless on the highway and has so much zip around town too. What a car!!

Jetta GLS TDI
By Very Happy VW Owner on 06/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

This Jetta TDI has the most supportive seats of any car I have owned. I log a lot of miles in comfort and style.Oh yeah...did I mention the 50mpg with the TurboDiesel. Don't be fooled by the Diesel name, it has plenty of power and will cruise with the best of them. This is the first VW I have ever owned.....but not the last.

Great Car
By Don A. on 06/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 4A)

This is the best of several VWs I have owned. It has surprising power and with a 40 mile commute the milage is a real plus. The moonroof has minimum wind noise at highway speeds if you use the comfort setting. The monsoon sound system is excellent and the controls on the steering wheel are a huge improvement.

Given the choice, I would buy it again!
By ETClermont on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GL TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I've always liked the Jetta... and now that I own one, I love them even more. Other cars go by and you might not notice them; but when a Jetta drives by, I always notice! The best thing about it is you not only get a high quality car, but you get a fuel efficiency that I could never do without now.

TDI: More Than Just Economy
By 2dtenor on 05/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I've had my 5spd TDI for 3 mos. I'm averaging 49 mpg. Acceleration is more than adequate for SoCal freeways. The ride and handling are not as refined as my 96 Audi A$ quattro, but they beat anything remotely comparable in price from the US or Japan. Much better feeling of connectedness with the road than domestic or Japanese products. VW has a real sleeper here.

I loved my 2000 TDI so much I bought #2
By Green Mountain Boy on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GL TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

Other than having the AC not work after delivery in March this Car has been flawless just like my 2000 which I still own.The perfect car for someone that spends a lot of time on the road and wants to do it in a comfortable and cost efficient matter.My 2000 Sdn.has 120,000 miles on it and my 2003 Wgn. has 4,000 miles on it. What more can I say.The Jetta is the most underrated Car.

Best small car around!!
By dcpo on 05/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GL TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I've had my TDI Jetta Sedan for a over 8 mos. and 12.5k miles. MPG as high as 52 before I put a roof rack on it. I still get over 40 with a kayak & bike on the roof. I love the fact that there are studs for mounting the roof rack firmly already built into the car. You won't win any drag races with this car, but you can easily merge with traffic on highways & pass cars on back roads. The shifter is smooth & direct. With the back seat down, storage room is great. Handling & ride are great. Seats & ergos are the best I've had. Other than a blown fuse the 1st weekend I had the car, nothing has gone wrong. I am very pleased with my TDI.

Sweet!
By weeks on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I had a TDi Jetta and had to get rid of it. Opted for the TDi wagon to replace it. The additional space is perfect and the mileage is still EXCELLENT! I drive a manual and get about 43/48 (I have yet to do a trip that is ENTIRELY highway, though...can't seem to find a destination far enough away!) I would definitely recommend this car!