2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Premium Jetta - FUN to Drive
By eubor on 07/06/08 20:14 PM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The car has been nothing but sensational, smooth, quiet, quick, powerful and very comfortable (even though firmer suspension). The interior quality is amazing, including soft touch materials, premium cloth and overall presentation. The car has a nice balance between fuel economy and sport. You really feel like your in a BMW, very tight. If you want a premium car, with near-luxury appointments - this is the car, believe me. I have had only two minor issues including a passenger-side seat heater stop working and a rear taillight bulb (brake light) went out. I love this car, love its beige and black interior combination that is unbelievable rich looking. Highly recommended.

1st class little car
By Will G. on 12/18/07 14:26 PM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Great car. 59500 trouble free miles. Would like more MPG however anything this fast won't deliver that.

Excellent Safety
By TMack on 06/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After my wife got a new car, a 2001 VW Jetta VR6, I got a little jealous. So when it came my turn to buy a new car I bought a Loaded 2003 VW Jetta GLS 1.8T. Unfortunately I just got into a major car accident on Fathers Day (2004) that ended up totalling my Jetta. And after everything was over, I walked away with very minimal injuries, a little cut on my wrist from the front air bag, and I hit my knee on the dash. All six air bags went off, and this car saved my life. And guess what, I'm going to buy another one! Great gas mileage, and a blast to drive!

Very Happy with This Purchase, So Far
By jsefcik on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this car new in November, 2003. Huge incentive from VW so the car was a steal. I've been thrilled with it so far. The build quality seems far superior to the Mazda, Matrix, Impreza, Focus. No comparison really. My sis-in-law owns an Audi A4 Wagon that is a spitting image -- same exact engine, same interior --except the Audi has trip computer, leather and 4wd. If you think leather, trip computer and 4WD equals $17,000, then go for the Audi. My car was half the price of hers!

Great Car
By tdi er on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

It really drives and handles well. Getting 45 mpg is awesome and going 600+ miles between fill ups is nice. The wagon surprisingly hold a lot of stuff, with the front seats of the car being roomy. 10,000 miles between maintenace is a plus.

AMAZING!! screw all engines but the 1.8T
By RyanPortland on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've had several Honda civic's and after this last one was stolen (AGAIN!) I decided to check out Volkswagen. I literally drove the car down the street and knew instantly that I would be purchasing it. The 1.8T engine is the funnest I have ever driven. If you don't beleive me just test drive one. This car is beautiful on top of it all. Get the leather and sport suspension with 17" wheels. It makes it an entirely better car.

The best wagon around :)
By 71sbeetle on 11/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We waited a long time before we could afford a new car, but we aways wanted the exact same car : A VW Jetta Wagon ! VW finally sorted out all their problems, and our 2003 is ... PERFECT !!! Lots of miles on it already, and not once in the dealership (except for scheduled maintenance ie oil changes) If you want quality, buy the Jetta WAGON (Made in Germany, sedan is made in Mexico where the quality of the materials is not as good)

Jetta 1.8T
By HarryLime on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Have had it for almost a year with over 19k on it with no problems. Great, affordable fun car.

Beauty is Skin Deep
By George Martschenko on 12/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is a love/hate review. I love the looks, the 17" wheels, the ride and performance. I don't like the lack of seat space when you fold down the back seat and use the car as a wagon. I am 5'7" and had to move my seat forward to make room for the folded back seat. If you need a wagon as a wagon, I would suggest you try something else. Another issue showed up immediately. The driver seat keeps heating when you think it's turned off. I turned on the front seat to heat myself up after buying the car. Once I was warm, I couldn't get the seat to turn off. So much for one day with the car.

Jetta is Junk
By Tomcat42 on 11/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have owned this car less then 2 months. The car has less then 1800 miles on it. It has already been in for service 3 times, all with the same problem. Failed IG coils. The car just broke down for the 4th time and the dealer gave me an attitude. I have spent more money on rental cars then lease payments. I am pursueing relief under the Lemon Law. Due yourself a favor and steer clear of the Jetta!!!