2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
LOVE MY 2003.5 GLX VR6!!
By gnaz_jet on 06/03/09 22:14 PM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLX VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

After owning a few reliable & yet boring Toyotas, I decided to go VW, even though I read both favorable & bad reviews. It seems like a lot people have got lemons. But, my Jetta has been outstanding. I'm at 65k mi & have never had a problem. I've only done the standard maintenance, that the dealer recommends & it still drives like it did when it was brand new. It still hauls a--! and has many creature comforts, like a luxury car. To me, it's a luxury sports car & I love every minute that I'm driving it. Of course, I've upgraded the optional 17"s to BBS 18"s & changed out the red tailights to the 2005 GLI smoked ones, to give the 'ol girl a makeover & to keep her happy. She's the Best!!

Great Little Car
By w11slim on 03/15/07 13:10 PM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLX VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

The Jetta GLX CR6 is a totally fun ride. It has some great features. It came down to this and the BMW 3-Series and the Jetta trumped the BMW in just about everything. It even was $2,000 less in price. Mine is red with a black interior and it is a beaut. The only negative thing I can say is I thought the gas mileage would be a little better. I have been selling Volkswagens ever since my wife and I got this car.

Great Car with Minor Flaws
By odachimaster on 01/01/07 18:10 PM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLX VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

The car handles, performs, is responsive, and rides smoothly on these 17" tires, just as it should for a car stickered at $27,895. It has an excellent interior design with high quality materials. It has better leather than the GLSs. The 8-way power seats have nice touch memory. One negative, mine has had a few little electrical problems. Cruise would only work intermittently or the cruise light would come on and would not go off. It has been very difficult for my service center to figure out when it is not doing it when they have and they have not been as nice as tey could be. VW moved its assembly to Mexico and I would like to see if more problems have arisen.

My Jetta
By Alissa on 01/21/05 19:59 PM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLX VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

The V6 in this car is amazing, it picks up and goes so fast. I just can't say enough good things about this car- driving, handling, comfort, and the very tiny blindspot. The changed the body style for 2005, I must say that this style is, in my opinion, the best. All in all, its great.

I hate my car
By girl0227 on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLX VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

I wish someone would have told me the truth about this car. Recent Volkswagens are junk. The interioris peeling, the review mirror casing fell off, and I've had to replace three tires -- just from normal driving in Los Angeles.

Great car!
By Marie21 on 11/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLX VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

Everytime I get into my car I am reminded how much I love it. I commute frequently so I need something both reliable and fun to drive. I've certainly found both of those in the Jetta.

Great
By dickhead04 on 09/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love the car

stay away!!
By lori on 06/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLX VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 10 year old car with over 100 thousand miles on it that had less problems than the jetta. In two years I have been in and out of the service department over 14 times...Air conditioning drainage leak in my roof, two dead batteries, coolant leak, all four breaks needed to be replaced, broken ash tray, broken cup holder, passanger chair motor broke, Passanger window motor broke twice, driver's side window motor broke three times, emmissions gas leak into cabin, emmissions workshop complication, etc... Need I go on? It may be a really attractive car, but it isn't worth the constant headache and time lost!! Just stay away!!

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Jetta Lover!!!! on 06/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLX VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

I love everything about this car, great teen car!!!

Nice ride
By Keeper on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLX VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

Great quality materials. Very comfortable. Very fast. Zero to 60 in 5.9 seconds using 5 speed shiftable auto trans. Tiptronic is fun and faster than 6 shifter manual cars. Shifts so fast and only takes the power of a pinky to shift between gears. Shifts faster and smoother than conventional manual trans. Put the pedal to the floor in manual. You will be impressed. Awesome car.