2003 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
i love my GLI
By tankman29 on 10/11/09 19:13 PM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLI VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have a 2003 Jetta GLI and i love it. no one expected my car to be fast because it is vw and o boy where they wrong. i took the limiter of the car and have gone up to 150mph... Great car and a lot of fun. the only thing that i don't like is that the car needs more power. It has 200 hp but i will have it turoed by the end of the year and will be putting down 475hp at the wheels. I would say that it is a great car because i have been in an accident in my old Jetta were it rolled end over end and i had only a broken finger because my hand hit the roof so other then that it is a great car.

Fun to drive
By Danburry on 02/05/09 20:36 PM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLI VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car new. I have loved every minute of it. The stereo is great! Overall It is a great car. So fun to drive in twisty roads. 6 speed manual makes all the difference.

It's a Good Car
By DJ Arrington on 12/02/08 22:55 PM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLI VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

When I first bought this car I loved... Love the vr6 with the 6-speed Manuel, its a really comfortable car... But I wish I wouldn't have bought it... Its a great car but I'm not a car person... I had a 2000 pathfinder that I traded in and I really miss the utility... I have had the jetta for almost 2 years and I miss having a ton of room on the inside... Thats my only complaint... It's a great car to just roll down the Windows open the sunroof and crank up the radio and just drive... Perfect weekend car...

A Good Choice After All
By a.ferrari on 11/24/08 21:17 PM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLI VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

This Is my first car purchased for me by my father. We went to Westloop Mitsubishi looking to buy a 2008 Lancer like my sisters but when I saw this I was whoa! I was surprised that my father had any interest in it but he did. We test drove and he loved it. It being a standard was the only set back. I knew how to drive standard but it had been a while. The salesman told us that it was a 1.8t but it said GLI. Not really knowing the difference we were okay with it. The problem arose when trying to insure it, the VIN number did not match anything. It turned out to be a VR6 shock made my insurance more than double. I have to pay for insurance but this car is definitely worth it.

Wow, just wow.
By Q on 07/19/08 16:36 PM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLI VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

Only recently purchased used but love it, Love It, LOVE IT. It just positively screams. Car was a dealer loaner for the past 5 years, only 42k miles so at least I know the maintenance is current. I do feel like the interior is a bit small, but it's a tiny price to pay for the performance and styling. Most people say get the leather but I like cloth just fine. It's scary how quiet it is also. The great part is, yeah, it takes 93 octane but who care about an extra 20 cents per when gas is $4 per gallon anyway and still gets really good mileage? Stereo is great, handling is tight. That the gearing is so close together it's a bit to get used to but fun as hell off the mark.

Great Car
By scotty78 on 06/14/08 17:35 PM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLI VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

This car is so much fun and great on gas. I drive 1 hour to work and 1 hour back and can get through Friday before filling it up. It is so much fun to drive!

Awesome!
By Deej0401 on 12/15/07 18:22 PM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLI VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

So I just bought the car at the beginning of the year and I have to say this is best car that i have driven. I had a 2000 nissan pathfinder that was a really good car in terms of reliability but it had a lot of miles on it and this car was on sale and only had 40k miles on it. Drove a lot of different cars that were in the same price range, and this is by far the best car that i have ever driven. The only problem that I had was I drive aggressively, the roads in Jackson Ms are terrible so I had to put new tires on the car after about 10k miles. The tires are pretty pricey because of the rims. Other than that I have not had any problems what so ever. I love this car!!!

Great Performance and Reliability
By KC Northland on 12/27/06 16:48 PM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLI VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great car for a driving enthusiast that wants good gas mileage. It offers responsive performance, great handling, and a gutsy V6 engine. The six speed manual transmission adds an extra fun factor, and the sporty wheels and low profile tires add an aftermarket look. It is the most reliable car I have owned. In 63,000+ miles, have only had to replace a couple bulbs and perform regular service.

Love my Jetta GLI
By james w. on 07/24/06 12:12 PM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLI VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

My 2003 Volkswagen Jettqa GLI is fun to drive, has lots of power, and looks and runs great.

Great Car
By USCGunner on 06/17/06 08:03 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLI VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

This Jetta was my first introduction into the world of true German engineering, and I have nothing but great things to say about it. I have owned this vehicle for almost 4 years and it is an awesome car to drive. VR6 has so much potential beyond its advertised 200 bhp, power band is phenomenal, and its styling/design make it a showy car anywhere. It is good to see a car that can compete with many Japanese rivals in stock condition. Not too many problems to deal with (a couple of O2 sensors, recalls, and one broken plastic piece). I have been to VW service centers all along East coast and they have all been more than helpful. A lot of car for the money!!!