2003 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
To many defaults! VW is garbage!
By deesingh84 on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I foolishly bought this vehicle in 06'. The sporty black on black look sold me instantly. 30 days after purchasing the jetta the water pump, electrical & sunroof messed up! Ive prob invested over $4k since & counting? Vw is very expensive to fix & just for a side mirror to be replaced at vw was $954! My recall for the sunroof wasnt even accepted! This car has been a nightmare! The sunroof leaks, the waterpump went bad, there is no leg room for back seat passangers & for Goodness sake why is the cup holders above the radio? I cant see the station nor put in a cd without removing the drinks & water from my cups leak over the radio & into my cash tray. Finding rims to fit is challanging also

It is fun car, love it!
By ben on 05/09/10 21:58 PM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love my 2003 VW Jetta, to me it is best car for town driving, (for long distance cruising I use my Mercedes 2004 E320 which is the best in this category) Jetta is interesting to drive and FUN to drive and safest in its class, grate interior and exterior, very solid and stable on the road, I would recommend this car for everybody.

Beautiful Nightmare
By PA on 10/22/09 20:03 PM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

A black Jetta was my dream car. Thank god I leased it because at 200 miles the car began to fall apart. Brake light switch went twice in one week and the car would not get out of park, window dropped down in a snowstorm and after being replaced 3 times it still leaks, computer shorted out and the whole car went dead, sunroof leaks, CD player broke, transmission bucks and VW doesn't know what is wrong with it, factory tires were awful and the car would slide in a dusting of snow, and I made a left hand turn and the front axle broke. Don't but this car without a warranty because you will be livid when u pay the price for german parts!

My Jetta Experiance
By alysa on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had 2 Jettas now! I turned my first Jetta in after one year because it was in the shop so often. Always for something different, so I could not classify it as a lemon. My new Jetta (2003) has already been in the shop for faulty airbags. I find that scary, seeing how I drove the car for a full year before they realized the problem. I will never again purchase a VW. I will only recommend this car to people without children. The cars are cute but VW has some serious quirks to work out in their vehicles!

Precious, fun vehicle
By Raul on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This Jetta has been very good to me. After having a 2001 GLS automatic and a 2001 manual, this is the best I've driven. The heated seats and mirrors are perfect for the Minnesota winter. Braking is well beyond above average, and even though HP might not be a huge asset, the ride is smooth and the highway torque while passing is just perfect. If you are looking to buy an Audi A4 or BMW 3-series, save your money and buy this reliable, fun car.

03 jetta
By laika911 on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

for the price is the best build vehicle and it's fun to drive

Great Car for the Money
By INTERAVE on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Good car for the money. I have traveled to VA a couple of times and it never gave me a problem. I had to bring my car back to the dealer 3 times for the brakes. The dealer realized it was a defect of the calipers. VW replaced the brakes at no charge. My fuel sensor went at about 35,000 miles. The paint on the car chips too easy. The cupholers are fine but need to be of a better quality than plastic. The interior is first rate. It is like having a BMW for $20,000 less! The blue and red dash always gets complements. Car has the best look in its class. Plus you can brag to your friends that you drive a German car!

German Engineering
By Vazzellaki on 08/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is the second VW jetta I have had within 4 and a half years. At first i leased a 1999 new body style jetta gl...roll up windows, hub caps, tape players, the basics. I loved it!!!!!!! That is why i went and leased another one after my lease was up...a 2003 gls with the works. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE VOLKSWAGEN JETTA...everything about it is great! Fun to drive, easy to handle, and has some power to it as well for a 2.0.....

Put a Volkswagen in your garage!
By Cailiin356 on 08/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Jetta in May after my old car (a 94 Intrepid) all but exploded. Buying a Volkswagen was the best thing I've ever done. Not only does the car look great, but it drives like I spent $40,000 on it. Nothing else I've ever driven has given me this feeling of safety and confidence. In rain I no longer have to worry whether or not I'm going to fishtail. In nice weather I know I have enough hampsters under the hood to pass whoever I need to get around. My fiance drives a 2003 Passat and neither of us could imagine being happier with our vehicles. Everyone should drive a Jetta!

VW JETTA! 2002
By Antnie on 08/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Leased the VW Jetta 09/2001.Jetta is a 2002 GLS automatic. Great car! Also had a 1999. They have got to raise THAT FRONT END! Way to low. Had plastic window clips replaced. Windows would fall into sleeve. Really my only problems! Great car. Looking into a 3rd in less then a year. Will trade ths lease. Ya gotta drive one! The faster you go,th better it drves! What handling!