Used 2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

2003 Volkswagen Jetta

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

To many defaults! VW is garbage!
By deesingh84

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I foolishly bought this vehicle in 06'. The sporty black on black look sold me instantly. 30 days after purchasing the jetta the water pump, electrical & sunroof messed up! Ive prob invested over $4k since & counting? Vw is very expensive to fix & just for a side mirror to be replaced at vw was $954! My recall for the sunroof wasnt even accepted! This car has been a nightmare! The sunroof leaks, the waterpump went bad, there is no leg room for back seat passangers & for Goodness sake why is the cup holders above the radio? I cant see the station nor put in a cd without removing the drinks & water from my cups leak over the radio & into my cash tray. Finding rims to fit is challanging also

Favorite Features

Look, leather, interior, car lights up inside: Blue and red. Sporty.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder, more legroom! Fix electrical problems, lower rates for labor $60+ an hour and parts!

It is fun car, love it!
By ben

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love my 2003 VW Jetta, to me it is best car for town driving, (for long distance cruising I use my Mercedes 2004 E320 which is the best in this category) Jetta is interesting to drive and FUN to drive and safest in its class, grate interior and exterior, very solid and stable on the road, I would recommend this car for everybody.

Favorite Features

Ext.,Int. design, fun to drive,very solid road manners,safety, big windows make the best visibility in any ways, very easy to drive, turning radius, great German engineering!

Suggested Improvements

more reliable some sensors.

Beautiful Nightmare
By PA

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

A black Jetta was my dream car. Thank god I leased it because at 200 miles the car began to fall apart. Brake light switch went twice in one week and the car would not get out of park, window dropped down in a snowstorm and after being replaced 3 times it still leaks, computer shorted out and the whole car went dead, sunroof leaks, CD player broke, transmission bucks and VW doesn't know what is wrong with it, factory tires were awful and the car would slide in a dusting of snow, and I made a left hand turn and the front axle broke. Don't but this car without a warranty because you will be livid when u pay the price for german parts!

Favorite Features

But the car is nice inside! It has the most features that money can buy for a cheap price! I love the blue lights, moonroof, sunroof, keyless entries, the car handles well on the road, heated seats are great in the cold weather, and it is great on gas. It's a perfect car for young female drivers!

Suggested Improvements

How about VW builds cars that are reliable? This car is the hottest lemon out there! We call it my lawn ornament, because when it is not dead in a shop, it is dead on property! Fix your cars VW and I will come back!

My Jetta Experiance
By alysa

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had 2 Jettas now! I turned my first Jetta in after one year because it was in the shop so often. Always for something different, so I could not classify it as a lemon. My new Jetta (2003) has already been in the shop for faulty airbags. I find that scary, seeing how I drove the car for a full year before they realized the problem. I will never again purchase a VW. I will only recommend this car to people without children. The cars are cute but VW has some serious quirks to work out in their vehicles!

Favorite Features

heated seats radio dash lights

Suggested Improvements

electrical, cupholders, armrest, seat dial, oil filter placement, radio placement, key system is always faulting

03 jetta
By laika911

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

for the price is the best build vehicle and it's fun to drive

Favorite Features

seat are comfortable

Suggested Improvements

maybe a gps