2002 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: WOULD NOT WISH THIS CAR ON MY

2002 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

WOULD NOT WISH THIS CAR ON MY WORST ENEMY!
By theandyn on

2002 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought this car 5 years ago after I graduated high school to have a more reliable car for driving back and forth to college. I have literally had this car in the shop for something new needing to be fixed every single month. I had a 96 mustang before this and it had about 50,000 more miles on it and I never ONCE had it in the shop for anything but oil changes. Not to mention, everything is TWICE as expensive to fix because its a foreign car This car has been my worst nightmare and I just got done paying on it. Now the transmission is about to go and now I am forced to buy another car instead of having the luxury of no car payment. If you want something to last, please do NOT buy this car!

My model has a sunroof, but you have to be careful when opening it. Sometimes it will open and close right away. Other times, when you try to close it, it will open back up and you have to play with it for five minutes before it actually closes.

Great safety will all the airbags, but that is ALL volkswagen cares about. The actual mechanics of the car is crap.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review