2002 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: I've Been Pleased...So Far

2002 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

GLX VR6 Wagon (2.8L V6 5-speed Manual)

I've Been Pleased...So Far
By CCDangie on

2002 Volkswagen Jetta GLX VR6 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my 3-year old '02 Jetta Wagon with only 5,100 miles on it and in ten months I have put 20,000 miles on it and have had no problems. The car is very quick and agile (VR6) and fairly comfortable for my 6'3" frame. I've had no issues with the car other than the wipers sit lower on the windshield than the defrost vents. This causes them to freeze up in the winter. Also, the transmission is extremely choppy and never seems to know what gear it wants. Plus, the gearing is too short so my gas mileage is only around 23, which is not so good. All in all, it's a blast to drive and I plan on keeping it for quite a while.

The Monsoon stereo, power windows that have automatic down AND up, VR6 power and agile suspension make it fun to drive. Despite being a wagon, it looks pretty sharp with the 19" wheels.

It should have a smoother transmission with an overdrive or a taller top gear that would help improve gas mileage and prolong engine life. I'd also like heated wipers (I know...I'm dreaming here)

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review