Happy not Thrilled
By DAB on
2002 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)
I've had my variant for 38,940 miles now. Only 2 problems, the window regulator broke and my battery died. Both of which the dealer replaced under warranty. The gas mileage is not up to what was advertised on the sticker. I did look at other compact wagons before signing on the dotted line. The Mazda P5 was down on power and the WRX wouldn't hold my golf clubs in the boot with out intruding into the back seat. Each of which you can't throw a baseball and not hit one of them on the street. For the money it was a fine purchase. I did opt for the dealer extended warranty, so I'm good up to 100,000 miles. If I did have a family I would have spent the extra grand or so on the Passat Wagon.
Favorite Features
Turbo Engine, utilitarian use of the rear cargo area and not seeing 30 other people with my model while driving home from work.
Suggested Improvements
Front seat needs to be moved to far forward to fold the rear seats flat. Rear window washer from an Audi would have been better. Add fog lamps as standard, the headlight looks unfinished with the empty space there.