2002 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Great Car

2002 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

GLS TDI Sedan (1.9L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 5-speed Manual)

Great Car
By william0110 on

2002 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I've really enjoyed this car. It is a manual 5 speed & fully loaded. I get an average of 45mpg & have never experienced less than 40mpg. Most of my driving is mixed city & express way. It failed to start one time when at home. The dealer picked it up & fixed it under warranty. If I remember correctly, it was the oxygen sensor. It is great on the highway. I had a 2000 model 2 liter gas model before this one & I found it to be louder on the road than my TDI.

I really enjoy the heated leather seats, stereo, & large trunk w/backseat fold down. The attention to detail like insulated battery box, hood release lever pops out when opened from inside, power window features auto up & down for the 2 front windows & open all with door lock key, purple dash lights

Put an extension on the sun visors. They only cover about half of the side window when positioned there. Place the drink holder below the radio if possible. I covers the stereo controls when opened for use.