2002 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Don't even consider this year!

2002 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

Don't even consider this year!
By Jessica on

2002 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDI 4dr Wagon (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I bought a Jetta as my first car. Parents thought it was great because of the safety features and gas mileage, blah blah blah, and what teenage girl doesn't want a cute little Jetta? Since the very week after buying it, it's had nothing but problems. Computer glitches, leaks,AC wont work, malfunctions, and mysteries that the dealership seems incapable to fix. I love my car, but at the same time, I expected it to be a long term, reliable car. And it's proving to cost more than I ever anticipated. The engine has been great, it's just that every other possible thing that could go wrong, has and will. Don't even consider an '02 Jetta.

The car handles beautifully, I trust it in the snow and ice, and in the rain. I also love the trunk space and blue lights on the dash. Cabin space is really nice as well, at least for a smaller girl.

Everything. Especially the bumpers, they will rip off if you pull onto a curb AT ALL. Volkswagen, you should really just pay US to drive this thing. Or, at least get your act together and stop making us pay an arm and a leg to get little things replaced.