Do your research
By Jmr on
2002 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)
This jetta has been my dream car for forever, until I purchased it. A month after I bought it would no longer run due to transmission problems. I took it back to the dealer and demanded they fix it, which they did. In the past year I have replaced 2 mass air flow sensors, the main computer for the car, countless other sensors and recently the fuel pump. If you are interested in a VW you better do some research to make sure it's a good fit for you. Jetta's are cute and fun to drive, but if you get a bad one it's going to be a money pit. Also, they are expensive to maintain, my oil changes cost around $70. Make sure you are prepared for all the comes with being a VW owner before you get one!
Favorite Features
It's really cute, and lots of fun to drive.I also like the tiptronic transmission, even though it can cause tons of problems!
Suggested Improvements
There is really not enough space, the inside of the car is very small, so if you're a tall guy I would think twice about it. Also it seems like this year had a lot of kinks that were never worked out, which can make it a difficult car to own.