2002 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews 34

2002 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Jetta 1.8T
By Bunnylover on 03/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Bought the Jetta GLS 1.8T last week. and I love it. My only complaint is the design/placement of the cup holder. VW needs to redesign that. Other than that I have nothing but good things to say about the car. One thing is for sure, I'll never by an American car again.

Jetta V6
By Kristina on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle because I was under teh impression that the VW engine would last forever. i have had numberous admissions problems with this car. It has been in for service 8 times total for such problems as oxygen sensors, throttle body, coyle pack, amongst a few more. This was a horrible purchase and I am extremely dissatisfied

Love my Jetta
By littlebird on 03/15/02 20:13 PM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought the 1.8T with the sports package 225/45/17 and the car handles great I also took the manual transmission. So far so good. Don't like the cup holders blocking the stereo controls but that is it.

Cup Holder Design Flaw
By DeborahV on 03/15/02 09:27 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLX VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2002 Jetta GLX last Sept. as a birthday present to myself. I LOVE my car, and am having a blast driving it. However, I never liked the cupholder design, but I never thought I would have a problem with them. Well, I had a cup in the holder that was nearly empty, but it dripped condensation on my climatronic control panel and completely SHORTED OUT the ENTIRE SYSTEM!! Thre's nothing, nada, zip, zero. I am so bummed. Gonna go to the dealership and hope for the best.

If it weren't for the engine . . .
By Eileen F on 03/12/02 19:30 PM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I am so disappointed in my Jetta except for the bit of "pep" that the engine exhibits. The whole car rattles and the passenger side front window hums and coughs. The upholstery is dismal. No vacuum or lint brush known to man can keep the seats from looking other than disgusting. All of the literature (incl. the sales brochure) and websites reflected a CD player as standard with the GLS model, but in the end, it was not included. I should have just replaced the Honda Accord I had with another.

Haven't Gotten a Complaint Yet :)
By Sir Rob the Great on 03/11/02 19:14 PM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've only had this car for about 5 months now, but I have only good things to say about it. I insisted on the "virtually" fully-loaded silver one and am glad I did. The turbo stalls the pick-up just for a moment, then the little "jet" wants to leave the road when it gets going. Fun to drive, especially with the tiptronic control. The only thing I'm missing is the temperature indicator on the driver panel, but have we REALLY gotten so lazy we can't just stick our head out the window to tell?

What I love, what I hate
By kogan on 03/09/02 11:28 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Jetta fulfills promise of feeling the road w/ tight cornering & great acceleration. During 1st 900 mi.had to replace spark plugs. Too much red in dash at night make finding things hard. AC may not do the job in summer heat. Heat on floor takes too long during cold weather. Black cloth interior show EVERY speck of lint. Sun visors too short. Cruise control sputters when resuming speed. Can't figure it out. Rear visibility could be better. Keyless entry fob needs to be more intuitive.

disappointed
By Heidi A Silverson on 03/08/02 23:19 PM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLX VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5M)

this is not a great review - car overheated and glitched after I had it for a couple months, light switch broke, cup holders suck (they drip on the a/c adaptor when I have my phone plug in), the car and insurance is overpriced, tiny back seat, gas mileage is not great and you have to use 91 octane gas. transmission slips and the dealer won't fix it. blah blah blah...

By far the worst car I've ever owned!!!
By jcp5 on 03/07/02 12:48 PM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Both Front Windows have broken, the mass airflow sensor went on me, the sunroof broke, the dash lights flicker, and the car burns oil...if you like paying mechanics then buy this car!

Little Red Fun Car
By Anakin on 03/06/02 15:28 PM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I really love driving this car. My previous Honda Accord Coupe was a nice car, but the Jetta blows it away in terms of sheer driving smiles. I enjoy the Tiptronic transmission, because I can put it in D when I'm feeling lazy, or I can row my own when I want a little sport. I must warn people that the velour seats will trap EVERY PIECE of pet hair and lint. If you can afford it, get the leather! My always-cold wife says the seat heaters will save our marriage.