2002 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
MY SECOND NEW CAR
By YACOUB NASRALLAH on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

the jetta is a car toyota is a toy like the name says,with a few G'S more you get the jetta nice interior:nice cup holder, seats,dash board design,SEATS five people ,safe car ,nice blue lights at night to light the spedometer and gas gauge etc.on the outside :open the hood and enjoy the look of its engine on the road:a heavy car on the road unlike the tercel ...its a lot of fun to drive for long trips its comfortable....the only thing about the jetta is if you wanna pass a car it takes the jetta about 5 important seconds to start speeding like you want it unlike tercel because of its light in wieght it responds quick

Som's Review
By Som Vembar on 05/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have a base engine in my Jetta. However, that does not diminish its performance. Its very responsive. I like its handling and and I am very happy that I bought a Jetta.

Great car
By jlw_52 on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great small car loaded with standard features that others list as options. Solid, responsive and fun to drive.

Great car
By Nicole H on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is Jetta #3. The I have had some major problems with the eletrical system with the first two Jetta's I owned. I have heard they had improved with the eletrical system so I decided to buy a 2001 Jetta. I have been very happy with this car and I have not had any problems yet. The car is great on gas and it's fun and comfortable to drive.

New Jetta 1.8 Turbo
By john james on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have not had a new car in 12 years. This one has me feeling young again. Drives and handles like a sports car. Plenty of power on tap. And that wonderful German Engineering. I cannot say enought good things about this car.

Loaded German Luxury for 26K
By jayjay78 on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLX VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5M)

before I bought my Jetta i was looking at the BMW 325i. Compared both and for everyday use the Jetta drives just as nice as the 325i looks great, fun to drive and great power from the Vr6 with a super smooth Trany, there is no other car out there the size of the Jetta with the looks, price, features, and the German feel with a V6 for this price

Fast Whip!!!
By bigtoysa4 on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Very impressive vehicle for $24K. Fast and more fun to drive than my '99 Audi A4 2.8.5spd!

Looks great, but has too many problems!
By sw on 04/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was at first very pleased with my Jetta, but after only about 8,000 miles the dashboard light and headlamps began to flicker. There was also an oil leak. A few weeks ago the automatic transmission got stuck and I couldn't shift from P to any other gear and had to restart the car several times because the problem went away. There are rattles everywhere in the cabin, and the 6-disc CD changer skips more times than the number of bumps on the road. Yesterday one of the brakes started making a horrendous noise while I was driving on a hilly road in an isolated forest. Once I got out of the car I could smell a strong burning odor from below it. I have decided to get rid of it ASAP.

my jetta has some problems
By jettaprobs on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my black jetta GLS but there are some problems that the dealer will not fix. For example, there are buzzing noises coming from the windows or speakers and various places inside the car. It is a beautiful car and after 13,000 miles I haven't had too many problems but the dealership still can't figure out those buzzing noises.

jetta GLS 1.8T (terrific!)
By jwbitz on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought a new '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T (galactic blue) w/luxury package and cold weather package. I love it! Very fun to drive, comfortable ride, great fuel economy, nice sound system.