2002 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Never again VW!

2002 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon - Consumer Review

Never again VW!
By megaroo1 on

2002 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I really anticipated this being a car I could drive forever (at least to 150,000). Volkswagen has lost a customer. This car was a lemon. A nightmare. Last year I spent 3500 just keeping it running. All the problems everyone else reports are true! Small random pieces falling off everywhere. Cheap interior fabric ripping on, replace ac at only 75,00, break problems, tire wear issues, Burns oil like crazy, failure to shift properly, transmission issues, lots of noises. At 95,000 miles it started blacking out while I was driving, a terrifying experience. Had to cut my losses and let it go. All the while having these problems, the mechanic laughs and acts like I am crazy. Do not buy a VW!

At first I really loved this car, until it turned into a bratty little %$&*# around 50k miles. It was like dating a high maintenance person that constantly needed expensive purchases to keep it going. Ridiculous

Build a quality car! You are losing customers left and right. Only brain washed idiots are falling for your German engineering bit. I will never buy a VW again- and have spoken to many others that feel the same. The jig is up!