2001 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: VW FunWagen

2001 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon - Consumer Review

2001 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon

VW FunWagen
By Brian on

2001 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the BEST car I have ever owned. Where do I start? The seats are so comfortable. I can drive 500 miles and be as fresh as a daisy when I arrive. The mpg is amazing. I drive 75 most of the way and still get 34 miles per gallon. My old car would get 28 at that speed. I can fit a ton of stuff inside. I am tall (6ft 2in) so my seat is back a bit. When the rear seat is folded, I am still comfortable. I am not jammed against the wheel trying to drive. Then, the space back there. With the seats up, I can fit three loaded golf bags back there. With the seats down, I was able to fit furniture inside (kitchen table and chairs) when I was moving. Awesome car, highly recommended.

Interior space, front cup holders. I know a lot of people hate them but not me. These things hold that drink solid. Bottles NEVER spill. I love the seats, the mpg (29/34), the lighting, the ride and handling, the Monsoon stereo is fabulous, frigid AC, it is a great looking car, no rattles.

The ease of folding the rears seats down could be better. Tinted windows standard.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review