2001 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: THIS is a Volkswagen?

2001 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

THIS is a Volkswagen?
By FarFromSatisfied on

2001 Volkswagen Jetta GLX VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car was a gift from my parents, as a first car. At first I was thrilled; the car was fun to drive, it had great features and it looked great. So far, Ive had the car about a year and a half, and the car has been in the repair shop about 5 or 6 times for major repairs, including: the transmission, alternator, head gasket, a/c compressor, power steering, water pump, and a few others. I don't have a lead foot, so its not my driving thats causing these problems. Not to mention I average 16 mpg, if that. Nevertheless, the car has great features. I just expected more from Volkswagen, especially with the car being one of their "Certified 'Pre Loved' Cars".

The auto tilt side mirror for easy parking, the CimaTronic air system, the Monsoon Stereo, the blue and red lights inside, the rear sunshade.

More sturdy cup holders, a better transmission (one that doesn't rev so high at highway speeds), a gas pedal that isn't so spongy.