The Jetta wagon looks great, is fun to drive, and can haul a lot of stuff...but it
is not reliable. It has spent 30 days in the shop in one year. The problems
have been sensor malfunctions, failed switches (casuing the car to be unable
to switch out of park), and transmission problems (causing 4th gear to fail
and the other gears to malfunction). VW dealer and customer service has
been terrible. I have serviced the vehicle at TransOcean VW in Pasadena. I
would not reccomend them. In additional to the mechanical problems, they
dented the car.
1) Fun to drive. Even though only 4 cylinders, it feels like a turbo.
2) Cargo capacity is excellent. The rear seats fold completely flat.
3) Looks and feels like a much more expensive car. Interior and exterior are
made of quality materials.
1) Needs to be much more reliable. A one year old car should never have
serious mechanical problems.
2) VW customer service needs much improvement.
3) Increase in back seat leg room would be nice.
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.