Loved it
By kristikrum on
2001 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)
Sad to say I totalled my wagon last week. This was a very functional and reliable car for me. I haul lots of stuff to work every day, so it was great for the space factor although removing head rests to lay seats flat was a bit cumbersome. I received the car at 70,000 from and rode it to like 117 in 2.5 years. In that time I changed the impeller (seems common) on the coolant system and the front bumper shield thing rides a bit low to the ground so it was dragging and held up by duct tape in its last few months. The brakes were great, and I didn't mind the cup holders either way. This car saved my life in my accident where I hit the cement wall on the freeway, so I'm 4eva grateful.
Favorite Features
Roof racks were nice for my kayak travels. Leather seats easy to clean. Purple dash lights were pretty awesome. Smooth, efficient brakes. Great cargo space. Solid construction.
Suggested Improvements
oil did get used up fast (saw in another post too). Removing headrests to lay seats flat. Turnstyle knobs for seat adjustment (good luck if you have arthritis). Little vw caps on center of tires come off easily. All rather minor things that are not dealbreakers, no car is perfect.