2001 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: I love this Car

2001 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

GLX VR6 Sedan (2.8L V6 4-speed Automatic)

I love this Car
By VR6BeautifulCAR on

2001 Volkswagen Jetta GLX VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned the 2001 VW Jetta GLX VR6 for a year now. This car is quick, comfortable and fun to drive. The only things I have replaced is a camshaft position sensor and since VW's are known to have problems with the coilpacks I converted the coilpack over to a GM Style MSD pack (this conversion can only be done on the VR6). I really don't why people give this car gets poor reviews I have been good to this car with regular maintenance and in turn it has been good to me. Also keep in mind this is a VR6 which means if you are looking for a car with good gas mileage you better look else where. VR6 means POWER not ECONOMIC!!

Love the Power, Leather, Heated Seats, sunroof, Sunshade, Monsoon sound system, Spacious trunk, 18" stock wheels.

Glove box handle can break easily, Cup holders are in weird spot above the CD player, and VW needs to make better coilpacks.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By mickeyt52
on 04/02/11 17:26 PM (PDT)

Glad you like the car, as I really enjoy mine. Regarding the coil-pack: of course it's too late in your case, but if you take the coil-pack out and use a magnifying glass and look closely you can see fine cracks in the case. I've used epoxy (the good stuff) to fill in these cracks, and my car now runs as good on a damp, cool misty morning as on a hot sunny day. Cupholders: If the Germans had their way, there would be NO cupholders! But sorry, I love sipping hot Starbucks when I cruise around AND fiddling with the stereo, so yeah, agreed! Bad engineering on that glove box, plain and simple.