2001 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: I also love my car and hate th

2001 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Review

I also love my car and hate the dealer
By Heidi on

2001 Volkswagen Jetta GL TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

This was the first car I purchased on my own. I did the research and I felt strong negotiating with the dealer. I have been loyal to the dealer, until I found another mechanic who offered a second opinion on a pricey repair. He taught me about how I was getting ripped off. The new mechanic educated me, showing me the parts and how they worked. He treated me like I actually had a brain. The dealer always presents problems - every time I went in for routine maintenance - as if it always was urgent and threatened my safety. I have stopped going to the dealer. Had I been treated as if I had a brain I might still be going there.

stereo, turbo engine, color (bright blue), body shape (slightly boxy)

Need an extender on the visor when used to block sun on the side. I use a paper folder to extend it on long trips when the driver's seat is back farther than the visor reaches. Also needs more durable rear bumper. Mine is dinged like crazy from city parking, and I've already replaced it once.