2001 Volkswagen Jetta 1.9L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Love my TDI

2001 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Review

Love my TDI
By Diesel Fitter on

2001 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I've owned my TDI since July of 2000. It was purchased specifically for the gas mileage and I have not been disappointed. We have a condo in St. Augustine, FL and I made it there from my house in southern NJ on a tank and a half of fuel ... 52 MPG. I never get less than 42 MPG with this car. Only problems with this car have been the front windows suddenly falling into the door (recall), a mass air sensor going (recall), and this car eats brake light bulbs. Unlike a lot of the reviews I think the front cup holders are great and was disappointed that the new Jetta deleted them along with the adjustable armrest. Looking forward to buying a new Jetta Sportwagen TDI.

Favorite Features

Great MPG, engine torque, handling make this car fun to drive, fit and finish for a car in this price range is great, cruise control on this car is spot on even going up hills.

Suggested Improvements

Have a better brake light holder, find a way to renew the only cup holder and armrest.