2001 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Bargain in a nice wrapper

2001 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

Bargain in a nice wrapper
By Brian Reed on

2001 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have taken this car on two long trips and it has been everything I wanted and more. Everything works superbly in the car from the Monsoon system, cd changer, seats and cupholders. It gets fabulous MPG in town and on the road. I consistently get between 27-30 in town and 34-37 on the road. When the cruise is engaged, it has no problem pulling an uphill grade like the Grapevine in CA fully loaded. I love this car!!!

I love the ergonomics in the car. Everything is easy to get used to in the car. The buttons don't wiggle in their seats unlike my last car. The interior is beautiful too. It has contrasting colors and textures everywhere and the gaps are all tight. And the lighting inside is great!

I would like a different interior fabric on the seats. While it is comfortable to sit on, it looks too much like mousefur. I would like a high quality tweed on the seating surfaces with a different fabric for the back. Other than that, this car is perfect.