Used 2001 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

2001 VW Jetta GLX
By Hairleftmorningwet

2001 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLX VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5M)

I Bought this car from an induvidual for 13K , with 47,000 miles on it . The car was in outstanding condition . Having heard the horror stories of reliability , I purchased a 4 year Extended Warrenty with unlimited miles. After six months I've not had any troubles what so ever . The cup holders do block the CD player ,the break pedal sits just a hair to high , and on uneven roads the dash around the cupholder rattle the slightest bit . The car is a blast to drive , and the interior is beautiful . The inerior is on par with the Audi's and BMW's I've seen . The Leather Seats are beautiful . Braking is great. I get 24\25 MPG on the hwy , and 19\21 in down , thats with correct tire pressure .

Heated seats , the blue and red dash lights , Sunroof , the cool VW Key , Sound system , Handeling ,Rainsense wipers , Full size spare tire , ASR , trunk size , Safety , he leather ,the Cup holders block the Cd player , but they are cool to show ppl :-P

Find a Better spot for the cup holders . Move the brake pedal down a hair. My advice to anyone who is buying a car , get an extended warrenty from a Private company . For a little over 1,000 $ I got a 4 year warr. that cover EVERYTHING but ths sunroof motor and covers $65P\h labor .

Please just get me home
By collegefool

2001 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLX VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5M)

Car ran great off the lot, then noticed a lot of engine vibration 2 months later. Turned out to need new cams and lifters (all covered by warranty) Replaced mass airflow sensor 3 mo. mark and window clips as well, all covered by warranty. Acceleration is great, shifting is sluggish and spongie. Great interior layout but seats are uncomfortable. I enjoy the car it's just been a pain to take it in so much when i've only had it a half of a year. It seems odd to replace the lifters and cams at 35,000 miles....

interior styling, programable seats w/ remote memory too, 17" rims, responsive steering

fix the mass airflow sensor issue, better clutch and transmission, squeaks a whole lot, too much road noise

Volkswagen Service is HORRIBLE!
By Siv

2001 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This was my 1st brand new car and VW has ruined it for me. Although the Jetta appears to be a great car, the service is horrible. I've had a lot of problems with this car. Most recent is my car stalls out of nowhere. I'm driving & all of a sudden it comes to a complete stop & my engine light & EPC light come on. I've taken it to VW 4 times & they cannot figure it out. The worst part is that they are very rude & nasty about it. I have been to 3 different dealershipS in the NY area & have had NO LUCK. Do not go to New Country VW in Greenwich CT, Mayer VW in Larchmont NY or CityLine VW in Bronx NY.

SERVICE

love my jetta
By ghari

2001 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5M)

ilove almost everything about my jetta this is my 2nd jetta and i had my first on for 11 yrs without any major problems it could use some redesigning on the height of the car it easily hits humps and concrete parking slabs if you are not careful also they need to redesign the way the seats adjust the screw knob is hard to turn

ilove the look and the colour of my car it is atlantic blue it drives great and is sporty enough without being to small and handles great in the mountains love the moon roof and has great pickup for getting on freeway

seat adjustments and car is too low to ground

RUN AWAY!!!
By deandeandean

2001 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5M)

This was one of the best cars I'd ever bought, until the ENGINE SEIZED UP flying down the interstate @ 80+. It seems the dealership FORGOT to put the drain plug back in after an oil change. After THREE WEEKS in a rental GEO Metro, the dealership returns the jetta to me with a "new" engine that BLEW UP less than a month later. Mind you, the car had just under 19,000 miles! I took the car to another VW dealer (you have to so the warranty pays) and they replaced the engine AGAIN! At 23,368 miles, this "new" one DIED. Dead. No note, no clues, just graveyard dead. When the dealership picked up the car, I gave them the keys, too.

Interior lights are unusual. Nice.

Set it on fire and let the insurance pay it off. I will NEVER have any dealings with VW again.