2001 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
A True REVIEW
By lovemyjetta4 on 11/28/11 22:07 PM (PST)

2001 Volkswagen Jetta GLX VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

I just Bought My 2001 Volkswagen Jetta VR6 GLX it has 173,000 miles, usually this many miles will scare a typical buyer away. this car has been nothing but reliable, it does have a little sputter problem but im willing to fix this car. I came from a Saturn L200 and it was way more expensive than this car to fix (MOST PARTS) When most people buy a Volkswagen or ANY import for this matter, they think they can run the crap out of it and not have to repair it. Germans are GENIUS Engineers and this is my 3rd Jetta since 18 and im sorry, but NOTHING beats a VW. they do have issues but ALL cars do, usually anyone complains when they have to spend money. for any new buyer dont be afraid of VW's

I love this Car
By VR6BeautifulCAR on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Volkswagen Jetta GLX VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned the 2001 VW Jetta GLX VR6 for a year now. This car is quick, comfortable and fun to drive. The only things I have replaced is a camshaft position sensor and since VW's are known to have problems with the coilpacks I converted the coilpack over to a GM Style MSD pack (this conversion can only be done on the VR6). I really don't why people give this car gets poor reviews I have been good to this car with regular maintenance and in turn it has been good to me. Also keep in mind this is a VR6 which means if you are looking for a car with good gas mileage you better look else where. VR6 means POWER not ECONOMIC!!

THIS is a Volkswagen?
By FarFromSatisfied on 07/19/10 10:22 AM (PDT)

2001 Volkswagen Jetta GLX VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car was a gift from my parents, as a first car. At first I was thrilled; the car was fun to drive, it had great features and it looked great. So far, Ive had the car about a year and a half, and the car has been in the repair shop about 5 or 6 times for major repairs, including: the transmission, alternator, head gasket, a/c compressor, power steering, water pump, and a few others. I don't have a lead foot, so its not my driving thats causing these problems. Not to mention I average 16 mpg, if that. Nevertheless, the car has great features. I just expected more from Volkswagen, especially with the car being one of their "Certified 'Pre Loved' Cars".

Fun to drive, slowly falling apart
By Tiznow80 on 03/12/10 20:34 PM (PST)

2001 Volkswagen Jetta GLX VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

It's strange with this car. I really enjoy driving it but I've had issues with it for a long time. I had to replace all 6 engine coils about 3 years ago that cost me $800. Various other things have broken as well (glove box, arm rest - 2 places, rear ash tray, turn signal - twice and front bumper coming off. Saying all of that, it's a fun car to drive with a lot of great options.