Used 2001 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews - 394 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

expensive German lady
By Rhoda sagun

2001 Volkswagen Jetta GLS VR6 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

Good car when taken care of properly

20 billion
By mikikike

2001 Volkswagen Jetta GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I spent 20 billions dollars fixing this car!! wahhhh the reviews of this car are so ridiculous. try doing your own repairs and they don't coast as much!, this car is a low end piece of crap we all know that any low end car will need a lot of repairs, most cars need tons of repairs! Its usually negligence by car owners that causes car problems..

Works good for some but not for everyone
By Erica

2001 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

It's very costly to repair and once it breaks down once will break down multiple times in a year. A bought this car when it had 50000 first thing that went out was my transmission, had to replace my radiator, starter cranked, my started melted on to my battery, cooling system, my air conditioner. My advice is get it check first to know what's wrong before you buy it I have spent $6000 in repairs have only had it for 4 years it's not a good buy. Bumper is too low also!

Really enjoyed this car
By Christian Wade

2001 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I owned my 01 Jetta Wagon for years and really enjoyed it. It was pretty trouble free but there was some maintenance that had to be done to keep it that way. The gas milage was great and it was fun to drive. Lots of room in the back of the car and that was great since I have a very large dog.

I thought that the rear seat was fine for kids but tall adults would have a tight fit. Some of the coating on the interior parts was weird. It was rubbery and would scratch off. I also found that the sunroof drains are a constant trouble. They aren't hard to fix in the front but the rear are a pain.

If you buy one of these cars know when the timing belt was done. Very important.

I sold this car recently as I bought a Vanagon and didn't need two cars.

i love my wolfsburg 1.8t jetta
By terry

2001 Volkswagen Jetta GLS Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

i got the car on a trade with my explorer. with a slight exhaust leak the car still pick up and go's pretty good I have only got it up to 120 but then I had to slow down. it handles the turns like it is on rails. I have only had it about 2 weeks now but on the high way I smoked a Honda civic with some mods like it was standing still