2000 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: nightmare

2000 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

GLS Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

nightmare
By Tom on

2000 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Sedan

I have had 6 sensors replaced at the same time, engine light came back on. Now the car went back to the shop and the mechanic said come get it I can't fix it. Now I have to let it warm up before it will go at all it will start and idle but stepping on the gas it dies. I shows differant codes at differant times. This car drives great I have owned it since new, but the things that go wrong no one can fix. What happened to "Its simple, but it gets you there" Everything on this car is complicated and the engineering is goofy (eg the rear seat cupholder)and everything is just differant so no one can work on it.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By mickeyt52
on 04/03/11 06:45 AM (PDT)

It puzzles me that "no one can work on it". At our dealership, no car leaves because "we couldn't fix it". Yes some problems are vexing but we pool our talents on the difficult ones and always manage to find the problem. I'm curious as to what codes were found, and what sensors were replaced. I've been working on VWs for 24 years, and I wouldn't want to work on anything else...they make sense to me, but I can understand the frustration of someone who's not as experienced. Your engine problem sounds totally fixable.