2000 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: I LOVE my Volkswagen

2000 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

GLS Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

I LOVE my Volkswagen
By Jill on

2000 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for over 6 years now. At 145,000 miles it is still going strong. It's as much fun to drive as the day I bought it. The only repairs I have had to make were on an oxygen sensor which was covered under warranty and a power steering fluid leak (likely related to an accident). Great gas mileage, fun little car. Also, more space in the back than some of the small SUVs. Also, I can safely say that the safety features are very effective- I've been hit twice - once causing over $4,000 in damage to the car, and never had a scratch on me. Highly recommend the Jetta.

Love the heated seats, and the cupholders- they are conveniently located and can be folded back into the dash of the car if not being used.

The armrest is sort of small and has some weird action on it. Also, the oil pan is aluminum and if you take it to non-dealer places, mechanics will often over torque the screws on the oil pan, causing you to have to replace the whole thing.