2000 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Great First Car!!!

2000 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

GLS Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Great First Car!!!
By Chris Selph on

2000 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for $3500 from a military family in August of 2009 at 98,000 miles. I have had no issues with the car since The previous owners took very good care of the car. As far as interior problems the only things that have gone for me are the clove compartment hinge and cupholder. Luckily I know a friend who has an extra cupholder, so that fixes that issue and the glove compartment isnt that big of a deal. I get about 32-40 mpg's depending how I drive. Also I take very good care of the engine and components and haven't had any problems yet. Being at 102,000 miles I am considering getting the timing belt/water pump changed.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the power sunroof and windows you can close and open with the key. The key FOB itself, heated mirrors, the little tiny sun visor above the mirror. Just the small thins that make the difference.

Suggested Improvements

Just the glove compartment and cupholder. Also my clear coat is beggining to chip.