Used 2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Can't afford to drive it
By Brad

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 1.8T Turbo 4dr Sedan

This car has got a beautiful interior, nice looking, body not rusting, but my wife and I are scared to take it anywhere. It sometimes starts and sometimes not. The mechanics can't find the problem, this gets expensive. All repairs on it are expensive. I'm a 200 lb man and not much room for me. I have a sore back and this car is very uncomfortable. My old beat up Dodge van is fine. I'd never buy another VW. It's not dependable. We have put so many repairs in it already. I will ride my Harley any day, much more reliable

Nice interior

Repairs not so expensive.

Best car ever oh my god!
By James

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Absolutely stunning car. Huge mileage and still runs like a dream, she's my beauty, I would never ever sell this car and I would encourage everyone to look into buying it for their kid, it's a really good car. Shaun

inside, engine,

nothing

Awesome car! best ive ever owned
By shaun

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

i have owned this car since new and it has given me nothing but good experiences, it has never left me on the side of the road and I've never had any problems with the engine or parts. It provides me with great gas mileage and they are very comfortable inside and for long trips. It has very smooth driving too. No problems and very reliable.

engine is very good, stereo is great, smooth ride, good room for 4 people

keep making it for years

Love Hate Relationship
By Jon

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 1.8T Turbo 4dr Sedan

After owning this car for five years, 2000-2005 and putting on 130,000 miles, I have to say i miss the car for its performance (modified of course), and the amenities for the price ie heated leather seats sunroof etc. I don't miss the car for its known problems, mass air flow sensor, window regulator clips, coil packs, etc. Overall i believe if i had kept the car stock i wouldn't have that many problems with it, but that wouldn't have been fun! Keep the car bone stock and it shouldn't give you as much problems, but good luck avoiding its known problems!

Turbocharged 4 cyl, easy to modify, for 22k new included heated leather seats sunroof traction control

Should have had a 5 speed automatic rather than 4 speed, but NOT the craptronic 5 speed automatic!

Erin's review
By erin

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS VR6 4dr Sedan

I have a love hate relationship with this car. Love the way it looks, hate the way it performs. Since day one, nothing but problems, currently working with vofa to try to get it fixed (cat convert anyone?). 10 y. O., just turned 60,000 miles because I'm afraid to take it anywhere for fear I won't get there -- or back home. Cup holders, glove box hinge, arm rest: broken. Currently, bucking like a bronco. Do not buy VW.

looks cute

EVERYTHING! make something that doesn't fall apart.

• SUV