Used 2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Love The Jetta
By Rayl224

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

Had one non routine problem that was covered by warranty. Some repairs are a little more costly than other cars. Burns oil. Otherwise the car is great and I love drving it.

Heated leather seats, 6 disc cd changer + monsoon audio system, red and blue dashboard lights, smooth ride, solid build quality, moonroof

Figure out why your engines burn oil, longer factory warranty.

Fine
By LauraSuz

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I like my Jetta because it is reliable. I am looking into a bigger car now and will most likely buy a Jetta Stationwagon.

The overall look of the car is very nice.

It is difficult to see out the back of the car - the design needs to be improved so visability is better. The CD player is inconvenient - located in the trunk. I don't think I've had the ambition to change my CDs in a year because it's a pain.

First VW for Me
By PAWWAP

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I just got the Jetta GLS 4D and am having a blast. I am, admittedly, coming off a minivan so I am an easy mark for some fun, but this car is giving me joy in driving again. I am a big guy (6 foot 230 pounds) but the driver's seat is very comfortable for me, with lots of excellent body support. The car handles very well, and is peppy enough to make me feel like I'm driving again. Interior controls are great, and the dash lighting is spiffy. The trunk is bigger than it looks like it possibly coulod be, and the sunroof is very nice. Back seat is very tight. My wife and I are ready to just enjoy riding together again, and this perky red Jetta is just the ticket.

Size, handling, interior

Jetta 1.8Turbo
By D White

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 1.8T Turbo 4dr Sedan

Great car overall. Could use a little more headroom, but then, I am pretty tall and every car needs more headroom.

I like the turbo. It gives a lot more power, without killing the fuel economy.

Pay more attention to the small mechanical details. The trunk latch broke, and the cd changer read error messages and wouldn't read the cd. Both were easily fixable.

nice car - with a few flaws
By Riko

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS VR6 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for 12000 miles, bought it with 30000 on the engine. I bought this car with 30000 miles on it and have put 12000 on it. My last oil change was 6000 miles ago and still hasn't burned oil. Still full on the dipstick. (I never torque the engine until it's nice and warm, I don't know if that helps but it doesn't hurt.) Plenty of zing on the highway. Front window regulator quit so dealer replaced both front ones for good measure at no charge for either. Only complaints are electrical - Lower dash lights for heater controls quit working, and AM radio reception spotty.

Engine zing, solid handling, quiet interior, good stereo, Nice aarm system and imobilizer. Auto transmission works great for me.

electrical wiring. some lower dash lights intermittent, AM radio spotty