2000 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
TDI
By rrrrr on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDi 4dr Sedan

it's great, fun to dive, efficient, take biodiesel, reliable, no problems with this car

Jetta Review
By lrhodes on 12/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GL TDi 4dr Sedan

Vehicle is fun to drive and performs well. The downside is the higher dollar maintenance cost.

jetta tdi
By yenlo on 06/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GL TDi 4dr Sedan

this has been one of the worst purchases I've ever made.Multiple breakdowns(wheel bearings,fuel injection pump,fuel heater) at29000 mi.on this piece of junk 2000 Jetta TDI

200,000 Miles & a Head On Crash!
By Florida Mike on 06/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDi 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 TDI GLS Jetta a little more than 3 years ago. I use it for work and drive, on average, 275 miles/day. I had all the features you could get with the GLS - leather, sunroof, winter package, alloy wheels, etc. The other day I reached 200,000 miles. I never had any unexpected repairs and the car remained in excellent condition until the other day. Unfortunately, the same day I hit 200k a woman crossed the median on the highway and we collided in a 65 MPH crash. While the car was totaled, the cabin remained in tact as did all the glass - with the exception of a cracked windshield and I walked away with only a few minor bruises.

How well do you like your shop?
By AnotherDissatisfacho on 04/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDi 4dr Sedan

The the car is in the shop at least every other mo. nowadays, and parts are outrageous. Repairs include rear passenger window sensor, airbag, abs, fuel door (all under 24K); maf(VW pd 1/2), glowplug solonoid, brakelight switch--plus sth. is wrong with the a/c, the chk. eng. light is on again & the lift struts in the trunk are bad ($88 each!). (+ a $700 'tuneup' at 40K.) Contrast my used Neon--twice the mileage and 1/4 the problems & expense. I think the breakages wouldn't be quite so bad if you could get cheap parts, but you can only find genuine VW stuff! I bought the Dsl. partly b/c it would last forever--but I can't afford to keep it!

First and last VW
By King Richard on 04/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GL TDi 4dr Sedan

This car is the worst I have ever owned. The CD player does not work on the left channels and has been to the dealer 4 times and still does not work. The windows fall down in the door and cannot be rolled up without repair. VW has extended warrenty on windows but will not honor previous repairs. This is the first and last VW I will own!!!!!

VW Jetta GLS TDI sedan, diesel
By MCH Macy on 03/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDi 4dr Sedan

Had a few problems with the Diesel engine control system. Fixed by dealer, just out of warranty. VW would not help out on the $ 578.00 bill !!

The Perfect Car
By benzcrazy1 on 02/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDi 4dr Sedan

This car, I donÂ’t know where to start, I have enjoyed this car! On a scale from one to ten (ten best) I would rate it a 10.1! I have a 2000 GLS TDI 5-spd, when it comes time to trade (if I ever do) it will definitely be another Jetta! What can I say 50MPG cant beat it! It has 17,139 miles and not a single problem!

VW - Service is Horrid
By Zagreb on 12/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDi 4dr Sedan

Fun car to drive, 5 spd, Diesel - real miser on the fuel - HOWEVER, once your warranties expire, nobody will help you. You become a leper. Electric window broke twice to $300 a pop. Electric trunk lock $180, Glove compartment $180. Cheap Mexican trash. I bought a Santa Fe - It Rules.

Great Car!!!
By jlarm3 on 12/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel GLS TDi 4dr Sedan

We have 121,000 miles on 2000 TDI automatic. The car has truly held up well for us and we plan to continue driving at this pace for years to come. Only a few complaints. Front door windows fell inside doors (replaced under warranty). Was surprised about the need to change timing belt so often (40,000 miles w/auto trans). Front bumper cover too low-will pull off if you park too close to curb. Also a little crowded in back seat. Will buy another one!!!