Used 2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

You have to love your jetta!
By Arkainshadow

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 1.8T Turbo 4dr Sedan

I have destroyed 5 cars now. I really drive my cars hard. This jetta is by far the finest car ive driven. It kicks BMW's ass in everything but quality and gadgets. When i purchased the car the check engine light came on because of the mass air flow and turbo cutoff switch, dealer fixed everything under warranty. car was in dealer for 2 days. dealer explained to me how you have to use 91 octain fuel to protect the sensors and components. Since ive followed the fuel requirements i have been nothing but 100% impressed with this car. It hugs the road like a 60k+ sports car and the 150hp 1.8L turbo acts like a compariable 3.0 v6 without the low gas mileage

the 1.8 turbo engine and suspension also the nice blue and red dash lights

glove box is made rather cheeply with only 1 hindge its just waiting to break on me...

Run away!!!
By micalk

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS VR6 4dr Sedan

This vehicle represents the biggest nightmare of my life. I should have known when the transmission failed with 3,000 miles on it that I was in big trouble. 15 major repairs including 3 transmissions later, I find myself waiting to find out why the check engine light went on this time. Volkswagen did absolutely nothing to try to reconcile the piece of garbage that they sold me, and consequently, I will never buy another product from them. I have never gone more than 4 months without needing some sort of major repairs on this car. I will never buy a Volkswagen again.

Looks nice.

Transmission should last for more than 3,000 miles, and if it fails within that time period, replace the car immediately.

Farfeg...something
By Jer

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLX VR6 4dr Sedan

Good car that has held up well. After four years, I still get a kick out of driving it and love all of the little creature comforts it has.

VR6 and gadgets galore.

The Goodyears that came on mine sucked but the Yokohamas I replaced them with this year rock. I would also like a slightly stiffer suspension but I'm aware that would be at the cost of comfort and smoothness.

great car except for the window problems
By jomama68

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS VR6 4dr Sedan

car is nice and fast, i'm a big guy (6'4", 235) and i am pretty comfortable in it. the only problem was the multiple window clip failures but i haven't had that happen for at least a year now. the only reason i'm considering getting rid of is for something bigger-family man now. now i'm spoiled the next car has to be able to go at least 125 also.

The Scoop on Jettas
By Corky310

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

We have almost 100K on our Jetta, so far we have had to replace the O2 sensor twice. The doors creak if you don't lube them and BAD gas mileage for an underpowered 4 cylider. We don't get a drop over 28mpg at any speed. For a little car, it's a gas hog. My mother in-laws Buick Park Avenue gets better mileage and has twice the horsepower! The automatic transmission can't make up it's mind what gear to choose or when to shift. Lord help you if you back out of a parking stall and expect to get moving into traffic fast. It won't happen. There is about a 3 second lag before it kicks in.

Cool features that are only on cars that cost $35-40,000.00.

Better transmission (auto) Better gas mileage More leg room in the back seat. Stand behind your product and those stupid O2 sensors.

• SUV