Used 2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

GLX...With tons of problems
By EME

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLX VR6 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 Jetta VR6 GLX in 2002. It has been in the shop all the time. It stalls spiratically, and no dealership or independent shop knows how to fix it. Engine Workshop Light and Emission Workshop lights always go on; I take it to the shop, and the code the car gives is wrong. The window fell one day and had to be replaced, along with the underside of my bumper. Regardless of all the machanical problems, it is a fun car to drive when it runs. Great interior.

Heated seats, interior, manual transmission

RELIABILITY

Hitler Revenge
By Belvis

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS VR6 4dr Sedan

Do you like to Visit the Mechanic and spend lots of $$ for repairs, then I have the car for you. I couldn't pass it's first Emmissions Test, due to some electronic failure. The water temp gauge broke--another bad sensor. The the check Engine light comes on twice in 5000 miles. EAch time requiring a $90 diagnostic.

The switch blade Key Great seats, cool illumination of dash.

How about you release your engine diagnostics so other people can work on your over priced german Zitrone?

Wouldn't buy another VW
By MC001

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS VR6 4dr Sedan

So far (I've had the car since Sep 99), I've had the following go wrong: O2 Sensor out - took 2 days to replace Cupholders broke Center arm rest latch broke Driver's side window fell into door Two weeks later (after the factory recall repair was supposedly done), the right side window fell into the door Mass airflow sensor had to be replaced (this seems to be a common one) It's not that this is such a bad car. I have the VR 6, and it drives really well, has great power, and is quiet. It's just that with a VW, I expected to feel like I had a reliable car, and I don't.

- Power - Exterior looks

- Make cruise control easier to use - Get rid of the roller recliners on the front seats

European perfection.
By FelipeAG

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I own a New Jetta GLS, I drive a lot of miles per month and the car hasn't given me any troubles at all.I love my Jetta and I plan to keep until it doesn't want to run any more...(years and years from now) Fuel economy is excellent I drive from Orlando to Miami with a lot less than a tank of fuel. Styling is just pure European perfection..Europeans definatelly know how to design cars. I just love my car, it is one really good decision that I made. Volkswagen and all European cars are # 1.

Dash board colors European style Antenna Performance Agility Sound system Swiss knife key

Back seat should be a little bigger.

Will never sell !!
By farfromsingle

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 1.8T Turbo 4dr Sedan

Love it! What else is there to say? The 1.8 liter gets the gas milage I like, but the turbo makes sure that I'm not the slowest thing on the road. Handles the road just like my Porsche 944. The parts aren't cheap, but you don't have to buy them often. Watch the oil changes. Dirty oil clogs the turbo.

Favorite features: leather, heated seats, sun roof, purple/blue inst. panel backlight, massive trunk.

none.