2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
LOVE IT OR HATED
By farid3 on 05/27/14 00:03 AM (PDT)

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I HAVE JETTA GL 2.0 IT HAS 221000 MILES ON IT. ITS A GOOD CAR BUT VERY DELICATE CAR. IT HAS TO HAVE PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE ON IT ON A REGULAR BASES, AND BE ON THE TOP OF CAR SERVICE ALL THE TIME. IF YOU LIKE TO FLIRT AROUND WITH A CAR THAN IS GOOD BUT IF YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE JUST PUTS IN GAS AND CAHNGE THE OIL ONCE A WHILE THAN THIS IS NOT YOUR CAR and stick with Japanes cars. changed the timing belts, cranck sensor, changed lot of plastic connections in the engines. radiator replaced and the AC changed compressor changed with a new BEHR unit. used Mobil 1 oil. changed the transmission fluid every other year. German cars have to have preventive service done on them.

PLEASE DON'T BUY THIS CAR
By vwispos on 09/10/13 22:03 PM (PDT)

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

it was the most unreliable excuse of a car that costed a arm and leg to fix. please save your self from emptying your pockets to fix this POS and go buy a honda or some other japanese car.

but it happens
By go4th1 on 05/05/12 10:56 AM (PDT)

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

well i bought my jetta this year and it a 2000 5 speed its a awesome car so fun to drive it takes cruves like nothing ive ever been in it the best car i have ever owned but after 2 months the trans slung two gears and i mean its still not that bad but its way to much for another 1

expensive to fix fun to drive
By kenneary21 on 03/10/12 13:02 PM (PST)

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

this was my second car only had 66,000 on it with is good for a 10 year old car. fell in love with it at first sight black exterior with black leather interior. i learned how to drive stick with this car and its a blast to drive very fast even for the 2.0l v4 handling awesome I cant say enough how much i love this car it looks so cool and is so comfy to sit in and is fast and handles well Im going to miss this car and so will all my friends. the one thing that sucks about this car and the same goes for all German cars when something breaks its pricey. my alternator went $500,oil pan $475. The other thing i dont like about the car too much is the plastic body. It gets 20-26 mpg. love this car

BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED
By supercharged36 on 11/30/11 04:57 AM (PST)

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

bought my jetta in 2005 with 200 thousand kms, it now has 310 thousand on a 2.0 gas model, i have repalaced the rad,inner and outer tierod ends, battery, cv joint,breaks all around, ball joints, all basic wear and tear parts you would replace on all cars, i drive this car hard, and it has never let me down, just a blast to drive, i find the 2.0 really woke up when i put on a cold air ,,air intake, added much more power and great sounding grawl when you punch it,,with the added 18 inch rims and the 2 inch suspession drop i have done, my jetta can out handle most cars on the road, im a vw customer for life

Okay
By srs1997 on 10/16/11 19:34 PM (PDT)

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

A car that has good overall features for price. Build quality has been okay minus a few spots where roof cloth has come down. Easy controls, but have had trouble with manual seat control.

Best car ever oh my god!
By James on 05/25/10 08:20 AM (PDT)

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Absolutely stunning car. Huge mileage and still runs like a dream, she's my beauty, I would never ever sell this car and I would encourage everyone to look into buying it for their kid, it's a really good car. Shaun

Awesome car! best ive ever owned
By shaun on 05/25/10 08:13 AM (PDT)

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

i have owned this car since new and it has given me nothing but good experiences, it has never left me on the side of the road and I've never had any problems with the engine or parts. It provides me with great gas mileage and they are very comfortable inside and for long trips. It has very smooth driving too. No problems and very reliable.

Nightmare on Wheels
By tenmpf150 on 10/30/09 22:59 PM (PDT)

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

We've nicknamed the car "The Black Dalia" if that tells you anything. Right from the get go this German engineered piece of Mexican craftsmanship has been a complete nightmare. This car has broken faster than I can physically fix it. First it was the clutch plates slipping, then it was the window off track, then it was the dashboard falling apart, then the seats always look filthy, then the door locks didn't work, then the interior lights, then the key fob stopped working, the motor burns a quart of oil a week, the MAF has gone twice, then the fuel injectors started surging, now the car bucks like a bronco, the doors won't stop chiming like they are open all the time!! and the list goes on...

best car i have ever owned
By love my jetta on 08/21/09 20:25 PM (PDT)

2000 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought my jetta with 200,000, kms, replaced the timing belt, inner and outer tie rod ends when I first bought it and since I have put 80,000 kms, with no problems, I will allways buy VW, real fun to drive 2.0 5 speed, handles great, has no rust anywere, no rattles,