1999 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Will never by any VW again

1999 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Review

Will never by any VW again
By norma jean on

1999 Volkswagen Jetta GL 4dr Sedan (midyear)

Two weeks after purchasing the car air condition went out with pieces falling onto the road. After waiting 4 months, THE DAY I got the vehicle back the starter goes out. After waiting another 5 months for the air conditioning and starter to be fixed finally got to drive my new car for more than two weeks. The cup holder is broke along with glove compartment and other plastic pieces exterior and interior, also seats will stain even if you only spill water. My personal opinion, it is one huge expensive piece of broken plastic. Cheaply made, expensive parts, too much maintenance to keep on the road. But it does get the best gas mileage for any non-hybrid car.

Gas mileage..not much else

Better quality parts for the price you pay. And seats that don't stain so easily. Not so much easily broken plastic in interior and exterior.I could have bought a luxury car for the price I paid and all the repairs I have had to do this car.