Money pit
By YOYDIDIBUYAVW on
1999 Volkswagen Jetta GL 4dr Sedan (midyear)
Personally, I will never purchase another VW product as long as I live. I bought this vehicle as a long term investment of at least 6-7 yrs, I've had it for only 3 yrs now and I'm dreading the what I'm going to have to repair next. The littany of issues I have/had with my car are as follows: A/C unit broke; AM radio does not work; Motor to gas cap latch broke; light for alarm on driver door lock dropped into the door; Battery died, Mass Air Flow sensor; O2 sensor (still waiting on VW of America for re-imbursement for recall); interior trim peeling on doors; yellow green lubricant leaks from doors in hot weather; and turn signals occasionally stop blinking.
Favorite Features
To be fair I do like the comfort of my Jetta on long road trips. And the styling is a plus although everyone else thinks so too.
Suggested Improvements
Address the plethora of quality issues and reduce the body roll when cornering. Service has been fair to good depending on dealership. (Comparing dealerships - not including Original dealership which was ridiculously poor)