1999 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Loved this car!!

1999 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Review

1999 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan

Loved this car!!
By Gail on

1999 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Sedan (midyear)

I bought this car when it was three years old, and it drove like new. I'd been wanting a Jetta for some time and it was everything I hoped it would be. The car is very comfy and everything on the dash and console was within my reach. In the five years I had it, it only had a few engine troubles, and it never cost more than $200 to fix. I never had the $1000+ repair bills like with previous cars (Nissan, Plymouth, Dodge). It served me well for the five years and 120K miles on it. I would still like to have kept it for a few more years, but I just got rear-ended and sadly it's totaled, so now I'm getting a 2005 Jetta Wagon! I love these cars!

The style, the interior, I was comfy even on the longest drives. The dash lights are blue on black - very cool! Velour seats are soft and easy to clean. The car handled very well, smooth driving. Good, strong engine, good acceleration. It was a very safe, solid car (it was totaled, but I was not!)

My only beefs are minor: the floormats would not stay in place, the snaps holding them down either broke or the floormats ripped off of them; the cupholders didn't work well and wouldn't hold large cups. Legroom was cramped for taller people, but I'm 5'4" and had no problems even in the back seat.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review