1999 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: I'll never BUY a VW again!

1999 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

I'll never BUY a VW again!
By Mitch on

1999 Volkswagen Jetta GLS VR6 4dr Sedan (midyear)

After 6 mnts of owning the car it was in the shop weekly.There was some kind of light that prevented me from taking my car out of park!what!?Then for no reason the back seat belt tightened up to the point that it would not move, it was so tight that it was ruining the leather in the car.Then I was told I needed new spark plugs and a spark plug wire set,it was $13 per spark plug and the wire set was $350!Total it was about $500 for a simple fix! Then my coil pack went bad which was $600 plus they told me that my coil pack ruined my plugs and wires again,(happened about a week after i already replaced the plugs and wires). I dumped that car at a dealership and will never own a German car again!

The only good thing to say about it was that it had a really nice ride on the highway. Thats IT!

Everything!!! I bought a VW cause I heard that they were very reliable, LOL. It was the biggest money pit. First they need to make their parts cheaper so that u can actually afford to fix the car, and change the CPU so that u can use knock off brands without messing something else up in the car!